Inside the Cloud — Episode 2: Database News
It’s all about Amazon Web Services databases in our 2nd episode of Inside the Cloud!
In case you missed the announcement earlier this month, Inside the Cloud is our new video series that helps you stay on top of the latest news from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and more.
In August, AWS announced updates for its three major databases. This included a couple of updates for its NoSQL database Amazon DynamoDB, new functions for its data warehouse Amazon Redshift, and a storage increase for its Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
Stuart Scott, AWS Trainer and Security Expert at Cloud Academy, covers each of the announcements and what they will mean for you in just 3 minutes. Tune in to learn more about:
- The availability of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) endpoints for direct, private connection to Amazon DynamoDB.
- How this announcement will impact security in AWS.
- What you need to know about AWS CloudFormation’s support for the Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator, known as DAX.
- What you can do with the new Redshift function OCTET_LENGTH, now available in all regions.
- How to leverage Amazon Redshift’s support for ORC and Groc file formats for Amazon Redshift Spectrum.
- How you can benefit from increases in storage size on Amazon RDS for SQL server.
Wondering how to stay tuned on the latest in cloud computing?
Subscribe to Inside the Cloud Series — our next episode covers the latest on Microsoft Azure.
Originally published at cloudacademy.com on September 5, 2017.