6 Songs (AINHB2015)
For those who know me, they know that I love music, and even more than that (because who doesn’t love music), I love discovering new artists and new music.
So as we prepare for this holiday season, I present a list of 6 songs of “Artists I Never Heard Before 2015” (or AINHB2015). I hope you take the time to listen to these songs, and if you like what you hear, look up the artist on Youtube, or Spotify, or whatever music source you prefer.
6. John Moreland “Hang Me in the Tulsa County Stars”. Love this guy, and love this song.
5. Sam Outlaw “Ghost Town” — Really like this song, and Sam seems just like a genuinely nice guy.
4. Justin Townes Earle “Lone Pine Hill” — Really enjoy this song about a Civil War soldier from Virginia. Poignaint and beautiful.
3. The Lone Bellow “Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold” — The Lone Bellow was probably the most surpring band I saw this year, they are so fun and powerful live. This is probably (maybe?) one of their catchiest tunes.
2. Courtney Barnett “Pedestrian at Best” — Definately the most “rocking” of the songs on this list. Love Courtney Barnett, her debut album “Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit” is amazing, and you can stream the entire thing on Youtube, should you so choose.
- Jason Isbell “24 Frames” — My favorite “discovery” of the year. I know he’s been around quite a while, but I just he’s new to me. Probably the best singer/songwriter of current era. Can not overstate how much I have enjoyed his albums “Southeastern” and “Something More Than Free” (and his older songs are good, too).
So, there you go. I hope you find something you enjoy. Great music, like all great things, should be shared.