It’s January and you have most likely already created your new years resolutions. How many of you will choose to live boldly and be provocative and not tiptoe through life?
When I ask my clients if there is any area in their life where they are tiptoeing around, the answer is a definite “Absolutely”. In their perspective, tiptoeing is easier.
What do I mean by tiptoeing? Well, I am referring to:
* How we are not telling ourselves and/or others the truth about how we feel about ourselves or them or a situation.
* How we are hiding and not showing up the way we really want to; how we are saying yes when we really want to say no.
* How we are avoiding situations and conversations because we are afraid to upset someone.
* How we are omitting to say things because it’s easier not to talk about them.
* How we are pretending to agree when we don’t.
* How we are not being authentic in our lives.
* How we are saying yes when we want to say no or the other way around.
As a coach, since this topic often comes up in my conversations with my clients, I would like to ask you the same questions I ask them:
* How would your life be different if you did not choose easy?
* What price are you paying for choosing to tiptoe?
* What are you missing out on because you are tiptoeing?
* What would it take for you to stop tiptoeing?
What if you chose to not tiptoe anymore and be/do/say exactly what you really want, how could you do it in a way that could benefit everyone — especially you? How would that change in your life?
Start you year off being authentic and ask me how I can support you!