Rolled Coconut Cookies
For a quick snack or easy dessert, grapefruit meltaways are a classic favorite. The use of grapefruit juice instead of lemon is a refreshing update that will wake up your tastebuds. Made with coconut oil and organic coconut flour these delicate cookies are high in fiber and low on the glycemic index.
How To Prepare Grapefruit Meltaways
Yields 12–14 Balls
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup organic coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut nectar syrup
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, *melted
- Add the first three ingredients into a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients — except the organic extra virgin coconut oil — into a small bowl and mix.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the flour and salt, using an electric mixer. Once the wet and dry ingredients are incorporated, add the melted organic extra virgin coconut oil until the batter is smooth.
- Shape a spoonful of the mixture into a bite-sized ball. If the batter is too runny to shape, refrigerate it for one to two minutes. Roll the melt-aways in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15–30 minutes or until firm before serving. Keep refrigerated.
*We do not recommend melting organic extra virgin coconut oil by placing it in the microwave. To melt it easily, place the measure amount in a small bowl. Put that bowl in a larger bowl filled with one or two inches of hot water, making sure the water does not spill over into the oil.
Originally published at cocotreasure.com.