Sweet Coconut Muffins
Here’s a great “basic bake” coconut muffins recipe you can use over and over again. Use exactly as is for a delicious, gluten-free, grain-free take on cornbread or add a variety of ingredients such as chopped nuts, fresh blueberries, dark-chocolate chips or chia seeds for a scrummy morning muffin that’s high in fiber, protein and phytonutrients.
Yield 12–16 muffins
- ½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Coco Treasure Organic Pure Coconut Oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coco Treasure Organic Coconut Nectar Syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons coconut cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place liners in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mix organic coconut flour and organic extra virgin coconut oil until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at time. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix for approximately one minute or until the batter is smooth.
- Divide batter into prepared cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffin top springs back when pressed lightly.
Originally published at cocotreasure.com.