15 Features Multipurpose Wordpress Themes Must Have
Today i will list some of feature that any Multi-purpose WordPress Themes must have.
Multipurpose themes normally have to be universal theme, this means that with an multi-purpose you can create any type of website. Many people say that an multipurpose theme isn’t really good because everything can’t be done with a single theme and its better to purchase an niche theme.
I’m ok with 60% of times but you have to consider that in the market you can find very complete multipurpose themes that in most cases can do better than 80% of niche themes. If you want to create a blog page for example you can do it with an good niche wordpress theme. In case you want to customize it and create custom page, custom post pages, custom portfolio, add a shop in the future etc you have to consider that an normal niche theme can’t do.
Also in other hand some multipurpose themes aren’t recommendable because are complicated and so limitless to make customization. I will list to you some multipurpose themes that are better to buy than an normal niche theme. Before doing that you have to know what features any multipurpose theme must have:
- Every theme including multipurpose themes need to be Responsive in any device (google index only responsive websites now days)
- Multipurpose and any themes today have to be extremely easy to use so Drag and Drop page builders are so important. I recommend you to select a theme with Visual Composer (easy and updated)
- Intuitive and Advanced Theme Options, have to be easy to use but fully with options so you can change any single style on the theme
- WooCommerce, every multipurpose theme have to fully compatible with this plugin. You can build a shop one day so its better to have a theme that support that.
- WPML compatibility its also so important for every wordpress theme not only for multipurpose themes
- Premium Sliders, there so many of them online but i recommend : Revolution Slider, LayerSlider , Flexislider
- Box and Wide options for the layout flexibility
- Megamenu feature its so important for an multipurpose theme that sometimes can be used for an corporate website or an magazine with infinite menu items.
- Left and Right Side Navigation, important if you want to use extra-menus
- 2–5 Different blog layouts so you can use, customize and update your blog layouts anytime
- Different portfolio styles, its important because portfolios can be used for different purposes for example services.
- Different Services Elements, in my experience users love services elements more than any other. Why! Because at mostly websites advertise services.
- One-Click installation options, every wordpress theme today have to be configured like the authors have with demo with one click.
- Pre-configured demos, its easy for you to install the demo and change only what you want to be different.
- Contact form 7, very useful to create contact forms or applications forms.
Now let list some perfect multipurpose wordpress themes:
Originally published at codeless.co on September 23, 2015.