Developing Software only with SaaS
In a line SaaS can be described as software deployed to host services that can be accessed all over the internet. It caters to customer relationship management (CRM) services; human resources management, content management systems or accounting services that too on the cloud. Cloud computing can be used to deliver virtual services. It ensures reduction of costs associated with the data hosting on machines and physical servers. SaaS is growing significantly within the last few years as more and more consumers and business insatiable appetites for simple and fast access to the consumption of online data.
Latest market research reveals that SaaS is a cost savings for customers, particularly for those who are into small business, non-profit and are eagerly looking out to subscribe to enterprise software products without high licensing fees. A key factor is boosting the need of SaaS in digital market. Software supported by SaaS is being highly liked by start-ups who are looking for automated business functions and services.
Why choose SaaS for your developing software?
SaaS service providers prefer to rent cloud application to customers on a contractual basis or on a pay only for what you use. However some of the major shortcomings of developing and deploying traditional software are high costs associated with the migration, customization and transition downtime and alos ROI. If you are setting up an infrastructure then the primary requirement is to run and maintain a web application that includes hardware, physical services etc. IT firms usually requires big budget and significant person-hours. It is from a customer’s perspective that SaaS has been made do appealing. The SasS users are not required to make any installations for using it, as the user can simply log into the software and begin using the tools. Even the features are readily available as long as you have a browser and web connection.
Building the Architecture
Firstly one has to ensure that the software architecture is cloud friendly and can be easily scaled. It includes utilizing unique web databases and applications for each and every software user. It can also be done by allowing all the users to share both the application and database version of the software.
Some other ways are:
- A SaaS application allows web users to build entire websites and blogs with very little coding knowledge. It offers a wide range of user-friendly tools for designing and customization. You can choose a self service model that requires user driven development and implementation.
- A web app can be build by using horizontal scaling or apps. It can be easily installed on multiple computers without even using any physical copy of the software directly.
- Multiple layers of security for protection of the sensitive data can be added. Therefore as a user you enjoy the advantages of authentication, permissions encryptions and audit trails.
- It is a platform has provision for extensive customization that including extension of data objects or integration with the web apps.
Hosting Your Own Software Environment
As the user migrates from the existing application to the cloud, the user does not have to worry about building and maintaining the infrastructure. Some other benefits are:
- Reduce hardware and support staff that helps to keep initial IT cost low.
- It supports fast and cost — effective migration.
- Downtime is reduced and regression testing is minimized during a steady program development process.
Few shortcomings of a software developed only with SaaS:
- Security issues remain due to data being stored on the cloud.
- You have to be dependent on the internet for functioning.
- Latency concerns might be there as the data are being stored in a further distance from the user.
However these drawbacks are not that critical for your product functioning or your target market. Therefore SaaS might be great way to share your software with users. It is the uniqueness of the import — export services that are likely to drawn in more consumers. If you are thinking of a customer service model then you might consider such a customer service model with systems and functions that are solely based on SaaS.
Nikunj Bhanushali is associated with Cogzie as Sales & Operations head and who loves sharing information regarding ASP.NET, MVC, SharePoint and JS Angular. Get in touch with him for Asp.Net Development Projects.