6 Times “Bridget Jones’s Diary” Made Me Think Of My Kidney Stone
- When Bridget sings “All By Myself” alone in her living room. This scene is so iconic and quirky, perfectly capturing the lives of millions of single HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
- When Bridget first meets Mark Darcy at her family’s dinner party wearing an ugly sweater. Bridget is repulsed because in 2001 ‘Ugly Sweater Parties’ hadn’t been invented yet, but this memorable intro makes HEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
- When Bridget fumbles her way through the speech at the book launch party. This is for sure one of the most hilarious moments in all of cinema, as Bridget tries to HUH! HUH! HUH! MMMMMMMMMMMMMmm(?)
- When Bridget makes the decision to quit her job. This is a tough choice for any working professional, but Bridget makes it smart and sassy when she says AAAAAAAHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGAAAA
- When Bridget finally realizes that Mark’s wife cheated on him with Daniel, proving that it is wrong to judge a book by its cover until DEAR JESUS HELP ME LORD END THIS SUFFERINGGGGGGGG
- When Mark and Bridget finally kiss in the street as the snow falls. This scene is so romantic, especially when Mark envelops Bridget in his HHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUge jacket. Whew!
Colin Heasley is a writer based in NYC. Follow him on Twitter .