Mission 3 Details

We’ve established an outpost. Now we’re here to stay.

The four astronauts that arrived with Mission 2 have spent the last 780 Sols setting up and maintaining the initial colony infrastructure, ensuring the colony is ready for the arrival of the next mission.

Mission 3 brings 11 new item types to the colony, along with 34 new Ownership NFTs to bolster the power generation, food production, communications, exploration, healthcare and living space for the astronauts. 8 new astronauts will be arriving as well, bringing an increased variety of skills and experience. We will share more artwork leading up to the sale.

Mission 3 Sale Format

The Mission 3 Sale will happen in 2 parts:

  1. On December 20th, 2021, Mission 3 Supply Crate (NFT Packs) will be available exclusively for Martia Token for 1 hour via our in-game store.
  2. On December 21st, 2021, the remaining supply will be available for purchase on AtomicHub for WAX.

On December 20th, 2021, Mission 3 Supply Crate (NFT Packs) will be available for 1 hour via our in-game store. During this time, the Supply Crates can be purchased exclusively for Martia Token. We are excited to try this format for a few reasons:

  • It allows early players (who have been earning Martia in-game) to have the first opportunity to purchase new & exclusive Mission 3 NFT Packs.
  • It allows the team to test in-game store purchasing features. This is an essential step in achieving one of our long-term goals of having a robust in-game ecosystem to support the Martian economy and player progression.

The in-game sale will follow a “Dutch auction” format. The price of the crates will drop by 6% every 10 minutes until the floor price is reached. Once the floor price has been active for 10 minutes, the sale will close. Each purchase transaction will have a 60 second cooldown.

Here is the Martia Token pricing information for the Supply Crates:

Mission 3 Supply Crates will be available for Martia Token in-game until the dutch auction closes or 50% of the maximum supply has been sold, whichever comes first.

On December 21st, 2021, the remaining supply will be available for purchase on AtomicHub for WAX. The price for these crates will be announced after the in-game store sale is closed. This will allow for newer players that haven’t earned Martia Token an opportunity to purchase Supply Crates.

Purchased Supply Crates will be available to unbox as soon as the sale is live. Mission 3 NFT Cards can be used in-game and for crafting as soon as they are unboxed.

Mission 3 Supply Crate Details

A new Basic Supply Crate has been added for Mission 3. It is a mini-pack and contains 5 Base Cards instead of 20.

Exclusive Mission Three Crafting Event

21 Ownership and Sponsorship Cards are reserved for an exclusive, limited-time crafting event. Certain Ownership, Sponsorship, Dark Matter, and Gold Cards from Mission 3 will only be obtainable through this event.

In order to participate, you must hold at least one of each of the seven different Dark Matter cards from Mission One. Combine these 7 cards on AtomicHub for 1 of 3 outcomes:

Outcome #1 (~0.8% Chance)

A Mission 3 ownership card.

Outcome #2 (~49.6% Chance)

7 Dark Matter cards, a combination of Mission 2 and Mission 3 items.

Outcome #3 (~49.6% Chance)

21 Gold cards, a combination of Mission 2 and Mission 3 items.

This is a limited event, and there will only be 2,571 crafting attempts available. You are guaranteed to get 1 of the 3 outcomes per attempt.

This crafting event will give us a better balance between item types across missions to support long-term gameplay.

Normal crafting will continue alongside this unique event. The normal crafting costs and probabilities remain the same as for Mission 2: 1% chance for critical success (two higher rarity NFTs), 79% chance for normal success (one higher rarity NFT), and 20% chance to fail which burns 1 of the cards and returns the others.

You might have noticed that only 41 of the 42 ownership cards have been accounted for. We’re planning something special for the last ownership card. More details coming soon ;)

About Colonize Mars

Our mission is to tell the story of establishing a self-sustaining civilization on Mars in an accurate and visually compelling way so that more people are inspired to become explorers and pioneers of the final frontier.

We are building a blockchain-based simulation game that allows players to participate in growing a small base on mars into a self-sustaining city, and then eventually being able to establish small outposts of their own. Learn more at https://mars.cards/.

Join the conversation on Discord and Telegram.

Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates.

--

--

Own a part of the first-ever Mars Colony on the blockchain. Follow the progression of our colony and collect limited-edition cards.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Colonize Mars

Own a part of the first-ever Mars Colony on the blockchain. Follow the progression of our colony and collect limited-edition cards.