If You’re Happy and You Know It…
A Doodle a Day #41 — Now with Color!
If you’re happy and you know, do a doodle! I was bit worried about adding color this morning to today’s doodle. I drew it with a very fine marker and it was quite detailed, but small!
However, seeing the finished result, I’m quite happy with how it turned out. I choose to use only my colored pencils and four neon gel pens because of all the detailing. I shouldn’t have been concerned…it was as fun and satisfying as anything I’ve done, even if I did have to pay more attention because of the fine details.
I have no idea what I was happy about 30 days ago when I first created this doodle, but I can tell you what I’m happy about today…
- My colored doodle looks great.
- I was up and at ‘em early this morning and my day is off to a great and productive start.
- It’s an absolutely stunning day here in southern California and I can see one of the glorious purple jacaranda trees from where I’m sitting.
- I have been serenaded by a mockingbird while writing this entire blog.
- I found something I thought I lost.
I could keep going, but I won’t. My point is there’s always lots of reasons to be happy, just take a look around you and see what’s happening right here, right now…that’s all we ever have to/get to deal with anyway, so find your happy highlights and have a great day!