Become our Chief Financial Officer in China
Position based in Hong Kong
In a quick growth context, we are looking for a Chief Financial Officer for MC China with strong management capacity, ability to navigate in the Chinese environment and knowledge of the capital markets.. He/she will report locally to MC China CEO, and from a functional perspective to the Group CFO (based in Paris), with very close interactions with Operations Departments
Management and supervision
- Supervise and control MC China consolidated and statutory reporting
- Ensure security, reliability and productivity of finance departments and financial datas
- Harmonize procedures across China for all finance and administrative processes
- Ensure that MC China complies with all regulatory ratios, both at consolidated and subsidiary level
Strategy and Financial Planning
- Assist the CEO in overseeing the development of MC China
- Production of business plan and regular business forecasts
- Support Performance management and production of regular action plans to improve performance
- Provide Operational teams with financial analysis and valuable decision-making information
- Organize and coordinate financial planning making sure all stakeholders are involved
- Ensure the reliability and the institution’s financial reporting integrity
- Ensure the consolidation of subsidiary accounts in collaboration with MC Holding
- Comply to all obligations related to taxes in Hong Kong and mainland China, and propose tax optimization when possible- Support subsidiaries, as needed, in their relationship with the external auditors and authorities.
Funding / Treasury management
- Lead relationships with funding-related third parties, in collaboration with Group Treasurer for international lending
- Initial relationships with Capital Markets in Hong Kong / potentially China
- Define detailed cash flow forecasts based on annual financial plans
- Monitor the funding level of each institution and implement monitoring tools with the objective to improve treasury management and reduce financing costs.
- Propose alternative funding sources to develop local funding with banking and non banking partners in Mainland China
- Full accountancy/finance qualification at MS level
- At least 10 years experience as a CFO or a Finance Manager in an international company on the Chinese market, with experience in both Hong Kong and mainland China
- Strong financial planning and analysis and operational background
- Proven experience in leading a local team and experience of working in a globally matrixed organization, at international level
- Strong track record on delivery and execution
- Experience in preparing management reports
- Strong team player, with good relationship skills
- Experience and knowledge of the microfinance or banking industry is preferable
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisation skills
- Able to challenge counterparties as well as the business
- Fluency in Chinese language is mandatory
Want to join us?
We cultivate the start up spirit and look for innovation and excellence. We welcome our new employees and ensure their integration into our environment.
Go for it!
APPLY by sending your resume through our HR portal
Why Microcred ?
Microcred, a company with a cause
There are many great places to work in Fintech but few who combine Fintech with the meaningful impact of Financial Inclusion. Created in 2005, Microcred is a network of 8 microfinance banks in Africa and China. We are one of the most innovative company in financial inclusion. We bring together the latest technology, outstanding UX design, data science, banking licenses and customer base in developing countries allowing us to control the full chain of the customer experience. We have more than 350K customers and large distribution networks. Today the group is disbursing more than EUR 300 million to 400,000 clients.
Our mission is loud and clear: To improve and transforme our customers’ lives by giving them access to financial products and services that meet their needs.