Position based in London or Paris
Your Job ?
In a quick growth context, we are looking for a Group Chief Financial Officer.
MicroCred Group CFO will manage and strengthen the finance function in the group working both at the HQ level but also supervising finance in Africa & Asia. This will require strong management capacity, ability to navigate in the EMEA and Asian (with a focus on China) environment and knowledge of the capital markets.
The Group CFO will report to the CEO and participate in the management Board.
The Group CFO will work on the preparation of an IPO targeted in the next 3 to 4 years (by 2020) on the London Stock Exchange.
Management and supervision:
- Lead all Finance teams to support and develop MC business (controlling, accounting, financial planning, treasury etc…);
- Support and challenge General Management to ensure adequate performance & commercial margins, and by identifying improvement areas;
- Supervise and control MC Group consolidated and statutory reporting;
- Ensure security, reliability and productivity of finance departments and financial datas;
- Harmonize procedures across the Group for all finance and administrative processes;
- Ensure that MC Group complies with all regulatory ratios, both at consolidated and subsidiary level.
Strategy and Financial Planning:
- Production of business plan and regular business forecasts;
- Support Performance management and production of regular action plans to improve performance;
- Provide Operational teams with financial analysis and valuable decision-making information;
- Organize and coordinate financial planning making sure all stakeholders are involved.
- Ensure the reliability and the institution’s financial reporting integrity;
- Ensure the consolidation of subsidiary and Group accounts;
- Comply to all obligations related to taxes within the Group, improve tax situation when possible;
- Support subsidiaries, as needed, in their relationship with the external auditors and authorities.
Funding / Treasury management:
- Lead relationships with funding-related third parties;
- Define detailed cash flow forecasts based on annual financial plans;
- Monitor the funding level of each institution and implement monitoring tools with the objective to improve treasury management and reduce financing costs;
- Propose alternative funding sources to develop local funding with banking and non banking partners when possible.
- Full accountancy/finance qualification at MS level;
- At least 10 years experience as a CFO or a Finance Manager in an international company on the global market, with experience in EMEA and China;
- Strong financial planning and analysis and operational background;
- Proven experience in leading an average sized team and experience of working in a globally matrixed organization, at international level;
- Strong track record on delivery and execution;
- Experience in preparing management reports;
- Strong team player, with good relationship skills;
- Experience and knowledge of the microfinance or banking industry is preferable.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative;
- Good communication skills at all levels;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good organisation skills;
- Able to challenge counterparties as well as the business.
Want to join us?
We cultivate the start up spirit and look for innovation and excellence. We welcome our new employees and ensure their integration into our environment.
Go for it!
APPLY by sending your resume through our HR portal
Why Microcred ?
Microcred, a company with a cause
There are many great places to work in Fintech but few who combine Fintech with the meaningful impact of Financial Inclusion. Created in 2005, Microcred is a network of 8 microfinance banks in Africa and China. We are one of the most innovative company in financial inclusion. We bring together the latest technology, outstanding UX design, data science, banking licenses and customer base in developing countries allowing us to control the full chain of the customer experience. We have more than 350K customers and large distribution networks. Today the group is disbursing more than EUR 300 million to 400,000 clients.
Our mission is loud and clear: To improve and transforme our customers’ lives by giving them access to financial products and services that meet their needs.