11 Bright Ideas to Start Your Internet Business This Year
With today’s technology, you can start and run a business online, often with little to no cost. By focusing on your strengths, you’ll be able to build a client base and monetize your work.
- On-demand app creator
In 2011, global app downloads amounted to about 2.5 billion. They’re predicted to shatter the 250 billion downloads mark by 2017. These days, everyone wants to make an app, and if you know coding, you can ride on these fast moving money train.
2. Video editing provider
By 2019, 90% of all internet traffic is going to be video. If you know about a one or two things of editing with software such as Final Cut, Avid or Adobe Premiere, starting an online video editing business will be a game for you.
3. e-Rental business
People are renting private homes through companies like Oyo Rooms and Airbnb, but people are renting other stuff, too.
A Lambo for the night, a Makita for the weekend project, an Airstream, maybe a parking spot for the big game — people pay well for the luxury of using something without having to own it. It could be a tedious work, but with help from all home aggregator platforms, the rest is taken care of.
Drop shipping is a business model where you buy your inventory direct from manufacturers who ship out to your customers without the middlemen. Think of Amazon, Flipkart. You could literally get going with little to zero start-up money.
- Blog about stuff
- Sell stuff that’s not yours on Amazon or Alibaba
5. SEO consultant
SEO refers to all the things one can do to improve a webpage’s search engine ranking.
From on-page tactics like copywriting headlines and meta-tags, to off-page tactics like building authoritative backlinks and generating social shares, everyone wants their site to be in the number one spot on Google. SEO work needs you to be aware of current trends and practices related to Digital Marketing.
6. Content Writer
Businesses of all sizes embrace content marketing as their leading way of attracting customers and establishing their position as market leaders. A content writer should be able to quickly digest complex topics and turn them into engaging posts that are well optimized for search engines. You can define your niche and start blogging about it.
7. Lead generator for local businesses
It is a simple business model.
- Step 1) build out local lead sites (like dog care services in Mumbai)
- Step 2) set up a virtual business/phone and collect legitimate leads
- Step 3) pass leads on to businesses, and rake moolah
Yes, you’ll need to learn some local optimization strategies, but your competition is usually 4–5 other businesses, depending on what niches you get into.
8. Specialized retailer
There’s an audience for everything, and with a specialty e-commerce store, you can reach those customers who are seeking your specific products. All you need is a web-hosting service with an integrated shopping cart feature or with e-commerce software. You can even work with vendors to ship products to customers on your behalf, which means you don’t need to own a lot of inventory.
Check out some Ideas for it:
- Sell what you already have: You may sell your knowledge and expertise in the form of a webinar, an e-book, a newsletter, etc. Once you have created the initial product, grow your leads through email campaigns, social media and SEO optimization. Continue this cycle.
- Selling your crafts: If you have a hobby and are great at making things, this is a great way to gain exposure and market your product to a broad audience. You may also sell DIY patterns and designs such as blueprints, construction designs, etc.
9. Social Media Consultant
The job of a social media consultant is ideal for someone who stays on top of all the latest social media trends and knows how to engage audiences on a very large scale. While some social media consultants can earn big bucks, most can manage to earn at least something around the average wage.
10. Online Courses
One of the most popular platforms where people can access massive open online courses (MOOCs), Coursera, has more than 15 million users, who are hungry for knowledge. Such online courses go far beyond the traditional high-school curriculum. If you have any skill at all that you think people might be interested in, there’s nothing stopping you from giving it a go. All it takes is a web camera, capture software, and basic editing skills. Who knows, you could be the next YouTube sensation.
11. Affiliate marketing
If you’re a person who loves leaving customer reviews on sites like Amazon, stop doing it for free. Word-of-mouth advertising is still a huge lead generator for many companies, and a lot of businesses are willing to share a portion of their profits with persuasive individuals who will promote their products to the public. If you have a personal website with a large following, this might be easier to accomplish.
Things to Remember
Lastly, here are some tips to look for while going ahead with your business:
- Identify a product or service that has a large market and that’s unlikely to decline
- You don’t have to reinvent something but you need to bring your unique component
- Identify how you can generate money from your work
- Seek out feedback directly from your potential customers
Do you have other ideas of businesses? Enlighten us with it!