We’re hiring a Software Developer!
Who We Are
Every year millions of Americans confront high-stakes legal matters like eviction, deportation, and child custody without the assistance of counsel. That’s why we founded Community.lawyer — a public benefit company dedicated to making the marketplace for legal services better and more affordable.
We partner with associations of lawyers (called “bar associations”) to provide the software that runs their referral services — public-facing services that help people in their communities find trusted and affordable lawyers. We’re currently working with fourteen bar associations, including two statewide bars and one of the largest metro bars in the country, and are on pace to help connect several hundred thousand people with lawyers in the next 12 months.
We’re looking for a full-time developer with experience building and shipping web applications, and the desire to grow into a leadership role.
- Opportunity to get in on the ground level of a investor-backed, rapidly-scaling marketplace business in an impactful, $200 billion industry.
- Flexible hours.
- A bright, open office in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn shared with other Blue Ridge Labs social impact ventures.
- Opportunity to contribute both to development on our core product, as well as to the prototyping of new products.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous equity (1 to 3%).
- Flexible 2 weeks vacation (minimum) and the opportunity to work remote on occasion.
- Experience integrating with third-party services and APIs.
- Comfort working in a startup environment with quickly changing requirements.
- Attention to and care for code quality and test coverage.
- Good teaching, communication, and pair programming skills.
Community.lawyer is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.