Linkage of Management Systems
This session helps participants to learn how to effectively develop an aligned Lean Systems plan by transforming business strategies into agile, tactical actions. This method is used successfully by multiple types of organizations. Participants will be able apply samples relevant to their unique business environment. Managers will see how they can visualize, articulate and execute a plan to meet their LMS goals and objectives via Hoshin Kanri and supporting system tools.
This is a high-level, walk through session of how to utilize Hoshin Kanri at the organizational level. Participants will observe how to develop a basic (1) Kanri example with respect to Lean. They will then see how to create an (2) LMS charter relevant to their organization structure via a provided model. From there, attendees will be shown samples of typical types of leading and lagging (3) Key Process Indicators (KPIs) pertinent to multiple types of business settings. A sample (4) KPI will be modeled for trend analysis. Participants will observe the following
- A populated sample of Hoshin Kanri starting with a menu of common organizational strategies. The finished sample will enable participants to understand how leverage a format that links the strategies to lean initiatives and then develop relevant tactics.
- A drafted model of a Charter that can be tailored to any organization
- A drafted correlation table which compares relevant leading and lagging KPIs
- A sample KPI format for trend analysis trend analysis
Why should you Attend: Both Quality and Lean practitioners execute cycles of improvement within their organizations. They need to insure that their breadth of execution is across the business which includes operations (things) and transactional processes (data). Transactional processes take quality and lean practitioners both inside and outside the “four walls” of their organization to include interactions through customer and supply chains.
This session will help quality and lean practitioners understand how they can broadly develop and execute a Quality/Lean Management System (QLMS) plan that links with their finance and governance systems in order to reap the benefits of a fully leveraged QLMS.
A Hoshin Kanri model along with the paired use of a Steering Committee process will be used to demonstrate the translation and execution of business strategies into QLMS-based initiatives with executable tactics. By demonstrating alignment to the organization’s strategic plan, the attending professional will be able to develop an infrastructure needed to sustain and build a QLMS culture. Attendees will walk away with sample(s) that they can apply in their personal environment on the very next day.
Note: This session has consistently ranked in the top 1–5% at previous conferences at more than 5 venues. It was featured in ASQ QMD’s special edition of the Quality Management Forum’s 2015 Spring edition. ASQ-QM.org. A Webinar of this topic was provided in 2015 via the ASQ QMD Linkage Technical Committee to >1300 respondents through the IMA and ASQ QMD
Areas Covered in the Session:
- To help managers visualize, articulate and execute a plan to meet their organizational goals and objectives.
- To provide managers and personnel with an approach that enables them to tailor their plan to meet their business needs.
- To provide a Lessons Learned sharing of tools and techniques that have effectively served multiple organization types.
- To share an LSS approach that enables cross-functional team alignment both horizontally and vertically.
Who Will Benefit:
- Quality, Lean and Engineering system practitioners
- Managers, etc.
Jd Marhevko has served as Vice President of Quality and Lean for Accuride Corporation since April 2012, having joined the company as Vice President, Quality in January 2012. She has been involved in Operations and Quality/Lean/Six Sigma efforts across a variety of industries for more than 25 years. Extensively experienced in developing cost-effective and value-added quality and lean systems enterprise-wide, Marhevko has an impressive track record of success in aligning goals to drive process improvement and productivity.
Compliance4All DBA NetZealous,
Event Link : http://www.compliance4all.com/control/w_product/~product_id=500637LIVE