Or drunk Brazilian shrimp tales :)
Guys, it will take only one minute. I just HAVE TO share this with you. Shrimp is wonderful. I have only bought it fresh since I first thought about cooking some and Brasil helps a lot from this point of view. Especially after May 15th, when the 45 days annual prohibition ended and the boats bring huge, marvelously fresh shrimp to the local “peixarias”.
At the restaurant here, in Itacare, Bahia, I chose only four recipes for the usual menu. Greek, Asian and Italian style with Pistola (the big ones) and a risotto with Rosa (smaller, sweetish, rosy little beauties). Went to the port this morning, got a few kilos of Pistola and, on my way back, it stroke me. Cachaça and shrimp! Of course!!! If vodka goes beautifully with shrimp, cachaça would literally kick ass!
And there it goes, for one:
- 6-8 (depending on the size) fresh shrimp tales, no shells, no head (even if I love cooking it just as it comes from the ocean)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- a bunch of cut spring onions
- half of an average lime, for juice
- 20 ml of good cachaça (any brand, from the lovely and cheap “51" to the most expensive labels of !Sagatiba” or higher. Home made cachaça would work beautifully. And no, Pitu is not cachaça .)
- table spoon of soft butter
- table spoon of double cream
- sunflower or corn oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
What did I do?
- Washed and dried the shrimp tales on a piece of clean cloth.
- Heated the pan seriously.
- Heated to table spoons of oil in the pan.
- Crushed garlic cloves (just crushed, not minced), shrimp and half the quantity of the spring onion in the pan.
- Fried shaking, for a couple of minutes.
- Squeezed lime over the shrimp and shook.
- Cachaça in the pan and shook for another minute.
- Butter in the pan and shook to melt and mix.
- Cream in the pan and gently mixed to unbroken creamy texture.
- Salt and pepper, taste, adjust and finally sprinkled the rest of the spring onion on top.
Works perfectly on simple fried rice, on spiced baked potatoes or even fries. I’ll bet my right hand on it tonight, for my daily special. Beleza!