We’re Hiring an Associate
March 29, 2018: We are thrilled to welcome our newest Associate, Casey Aylward! More here.
Costanoa Ventures is a Palo Alto-based venture capital firm that invests in early stage companies. We primarily invest in enterprise technology (SaaS, security, marketplaces, and infrastructure) that changes how business gets done. We are a values based firm: we believe in trust, collaboration, and treating everyone with dignity and respect. Our purpose is to help build meaningful technology companies, but we believe the environment in which they are nurtured and how our team finds the next great company matters. That’s why cultural fit is as important to us as the skills to do the job.
We are hiring an Associate to join our investment team. Responsibilities include:
- Drive diligence on prospective new investments: conduct financial analysis, customer & expert interviews, and primary market research to develop an investment thesis
- Source new investment opportunities: research new markets & technologies, build trusted relationships with world-class founders, and identify compelling investment opportunities
- Create value for the Costanoa portfolio: support our portfolio companies in recruiting, sales, fundraising, and ad-hoc projects (e.g. financial planning, board deck construction, M&A support, etc.)
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about technology, startups, and entrepreneurship: to a degree that the intensity and occasional grind of early stage venture capital doesn’t even feel like work
- Innately curious: enjoys diving deeply into new technologies, sectors, and products
- Hungry to learn: focused on continuous improvement, learning new skills, thirsty for knowledge
- A self-starter: driven to take the lead on projects, diligence, and sourcing without a need to be managed
- Eager to meet new people: comfortable meeting new founders, investors, and executives on a daily basis and building lasting, trusted relationships with them. Strong existing ties to the startup community are a plus
- Ideally, 2–6 years of work experience in product development or management at a high-growth startup, large tech company, or company that worked closely with a technical industry. Or if you haven’t been working close to tech, someone who has exhibited genuine technology product curiosity in their lives. We will also consider candidates from top-tier investment banking, private equity, or management consulting firms.
- Fluent in data manipulation, financial modeling, business presentations, and business analysis.
- B.A. or B.S. and exceptional academic background — meaning we need to see evidence that you really loved learning.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply here.
It is the policy of Costanoa Ventures to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Costanoa welcomes different perspectives and a range of experiences that employees bring, including those based upon nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability age differences, job classification and religion. All employees are valued regardless of status and everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.