Couple Workouts: At Home Exercises With No Equipment
It’s no surprise that everyone wants to be in good shape and also have a good relationship with their partner.
But did you know that you can work on your fitness and relationship goals at the same time?
The rise of couple workouts are shining a unique light on this possibility with exercises that help those in relationships improve their bond while also getting fit. And the secret sauce is in the method: couple workouts are done using only each other’s body weight!
For those tired of the gym and with limited time to exercises, using one another to workout is an amazing way to do so right in the comfort of your own home.
Not only are couple workouts a fun way to mix things up, there are many real advantages to “getting your sweat on” with your one and only.
Benefits of Couples Workouts
Here are just a few reasons working out as a couple can be life-changing:
- More support and a stronger relationship. Remember the saying, “couples who workout together, stay together”? It’s true! Having a partner to support you in your workout and fitness goals make the process easier-and way more fun.
- A study done by the Department of Kinesiology at Indiana University found that married couples who signed up for and went to health clubs together only had a 6.3% dropout rate, versus a 43% dropout rate for couples who worked out separately at the health clubs that year.
- No equipment needed. Because you’re using each other’s body weight, you can get fit without any equipment at all. That means you can do couple workouts anywhere, at any time!
- No gym membership needed. That means extra money each month that stays right in your pocket. Plus, there’s no need to spend gas on travel or fancy gym clothes. You put that cash towards more important things-like each other.
- Shorter workouts. Most couples workouts are designed to last only 30 minutes, getting you fit fast and freeing up more time in your day for other responsibilities.
- Another bonus: since there’s no gym equipment involved and you’re doing the workouts at the same time, you’re finishing the workouts together instead of waiting on one another.
And what about the workouts themselves?
Believe it or not, you can get really fit just by doing at home workouts with your partner. That’s because the most couple workouts incorporate two exercise styles: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) or Tabata:
- HIIT involves exerting yourself as hard as possible for short periods of time, often around 15–20 seconds, until exhaustion. You work several of your body’s systems through this anaerobic exercise.
- Tabata is a kind of HIIT. It is a workout that last for only four minutes, working as hard as you can for 20 seconds, then resting for 10 seconds. This is then repeated eight times.
Both HIIT and Tabata increase the fat-loss process better than traditional cardio workouts, so you can burn more in less time. Plus, that calorie burn continues for up to 36 hours after training (after-burn effect)!
If you’re looking to improve your fitness while also bonding more with your sweetheart, try mixing things up by giving couple workouts a try.
How to Get Started
Want in on these workouts? Click here: https://fitcoupleworkout.com to download a free eBook with 10 fool-proof couple workouts. It contains everything you need to know to start doing partner workouts, plus exercises for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels and a really fun warm up exercise performed to the song Roxanne by The Police.