A few more Facebook groups and pages
If you’re still on Facebook, the first thing to keep in mind is that anything you write there — including every profile you click on, every keystroke you type and backspace, and every private message you make there — you should assume will be public within 5 years. It is an American tech company bound by the US CLOUD Act, and already has a long history of giving up access to your data.
That being said, if you’re still there, about a year and a half ago I posted some Pages and Groups that might be of interest:
- DecisionTree is a web application to help teams understand their values and goals through advanced decision making.
- Kris Constable — Politician is my political page.
- The Best Headline Today is my favourite group on Facebook. Someone should make it a newspaper.
- Canadian Entrepreneurs
- 250 Life — For those in the 250 area code of British Columbia.
- One Day Website — A company that makes websites cost effectively in one day.
- Awesome Shit Club — A mini Dragon’s Den style event that gives away money for awesome shit.
- IdeaWave — An affordable ideas conference
- PrivaSecTech — a privacy training company and consultancy that offers privacy and security tips
- VANCOUVER, BC:
- Vancouver Coffeeshop Co-workers for those looking for accountability partners.
- Ideas Vancouver — Perhaps the best community group to meet new, creative, and interesting people in Vancouver.
- Crusaders | Web & Graphic Design Community in Vancouver
- Intoxicant Vancouver — for all things fermented and distilled in Vancouver.
- False Creek Flats — hyper local group
- VICTORIA, BC:
- Victoria’s Secrets — for secret things in Victoria, BC
- Intoxicant Victoria — for all things fermented and distilled in Victoria, BC
- North Park Neighbourhood Association — hyper local group
- Victoria Makerspace
- Ideas — Victoria Perhaps the best community group to meet new, creative, and interesting people in Victoria. It’s people and projects have made the news many times.
I’ve started a few more groups since then:
- The most bleak article you read today. This one is intense. I have friends and family who joined and quickly left. If you suffer from depression or dystopian futures, avoid this one.
- The Feels. This is the opposite of the one above. Everyone on Facebook should be in this group. Second only to the Best Headline Today.
- Ideas. A place to share interesting product ideas you come across.
- The Best Tweet Today
- B.C. Techies
- PGKYC This is my big project for 2019, worth a follow.
- Island Meat Co-op
- Fernwood, Victoria
- Harris Green, Victoria
- James Bay, Victoria
- Vic West
- Fairfield, Victoria
- Burnside Gorge, Victoria
- Oaklands, Victoria
- Jubilee, Victoria
- Cook Street Village, Victoria
- Downtown, Victoria
- Hillside, Victoria
- Victoria Linux Nerds
- Victoria’s Food Friends
- D&D Victoria BC
- Victoria Brewers Co-op