Dal Bukhara Recipe | HungryForever
There is dal makhani and then there is dal Bukhara. The dish, which is a namesake of the Delhi-based restaurant where it originated, is a popular dal not only in the Capital but all around the world. Tourists and VIPs form across the globe visit the Bukhara in ITC Maurya, New Delhi to treat their palates to a rich helping of the Dal Bukhara along with tandoori breads. So what makes this dal so special?
Dal Bukhara is cooked with black urad dal (black grams), which is first pressure-cooked and then mixed with a special blend of spices like cumin powder, chaat masala, fenugreek, and garam masala among other that give the North Indian specialty its signature taste. Follow this amazingly simple recipe to make the highly coveted dal Bukhara at home!
- 1 cup black urad dal (soaked overnight)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2–3 tbsp grated onion
- 4–5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Pressure-cook the urad dal with salt and four cups of water till mushy and cooked. Remove and mash the dal.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan and sauté the onions till light brown.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, fenugreek leaves, salt, red chilli powder, chaat masal, cumin powder and sauté for another two minutes.
- Now add the mashed dal and half cup water and let it simmer for five minutes.
- Finally add garam masala powder and cream and cook for a minute
- Garnish with some more cream or butter and serve.
Visit : https://www.hungryforever.com/category/recipes/ for more easy recipes.