Tawa Mushroom Recipe | HungryForever
The tawa is a quintessential kitchen utensil used in South Asian countries like India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan. The flat iron base provides an ideall surface for cooking the ingredients through while imparting a charred texture and a nice smoky flavor to the dish. Add a few continental ingredients to this, and you’ve got yourself a global meal! For instance, tawa mushroom.
A lightly curried dish, the tawa mushroom uses strong Indian spices to whip up a rich and flavorsome gravy that enveloped sliced mushroom pieces. You can increase or decrease the curry consistency, but the tawa mushroom is best cooked semi-dry and served with Indian flatbreads. Follow the recipe below to treat yourself to a delectable tawa mushroom!
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp carom seeds
- 250 gram button mushrooms
- 180 gram onion finely chopped
- 200 gram tomato finely chopped
- 100 gram capsicum finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander + 1 tbsp for garnish
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp pav bhaji ma
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Heat the tawa on high heat. Once it’s hot just add chopped capsicum and keep stirring add few drops of water and heat them for a minute more. Remove and place aside.
- In the same pan add butter or oil add ajwain seed and cumin seed. Once they crackle add the chopped onion and coriander leaves. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the onion turns light brown.
- Now add the capsicum again and sauté. Once capsicum softens add the tomatoes.
- Sauté and add all the spice powder, sugar and salt except chat masala and amchur powder. Cook until tomatoes soften. Add a little water if required.
- Once all veggies soften mash with a potato masher. Allow the mixture to dry.
- Finally add the mushrooms and keep stirring. Once the mushroom changes their color and texture, adjust the gravy to your liking. Turn off the stove.
Visit : https://www.hungryforever.com/category/recipes/ for more easy recipes.