Keeping up with the Commons: December edition
’Tis the season for sharing
What can we do to help people engage with the commons?
That’s the question we asked ourselves in Berlin last month, where we gathered together to discuss strategy and the future of the commons.
We also made time for adorable staff photos:
Because Creative Commons is made up of people like you, we want to hear what kinds of impact you’re making in your community. Comment at the bottom of this story or on social media to tell us a story about what you ❤ about the commons.
Here’s this month’s top ten:
- Our interviews with MLab, Maya Zankoul, Howlround, and CERN. Discover how commoners are putting open in action!
- Be sure to sign up for the informative Today in Librarian Tabs email from Jessamyn West.
- Redirect to Amazon’s Smile and select “Creative Commons Corporation” to make sure that part of your purchase goes to CC this holiday season!
- Updates from the Awesome Fund and the Institute for Open Leadership.
- Introducing our newest global community: CC Panama
- Looking for that perfect holiday gift? Check out Christmas cards from the commons from Libremas
- This month’s inspiring #CCQuest about the women of the commons.
- A link to the videos from XOXO, all under CC BY.
- Creative Commons at WIPO supporting a more fair teaching and learning environment.
- The winners of the DPLA’s GIF contest!
Your moment of inspiration
The Bread and Puppet Cheap Art Manifesto, 1984.