Want To Support Creatrix Tiara’s Work? Yay! Here’s How!
Thanks for reading and enjoying my work! Here are some ways that you can support me:
- My big project for 2018 is Queer Lady Magician, a stage show for Melbourne Fringe about my childhood love of magic, revisiting it with social justice eyes, and dealing with demons of manipulation and impostor syndrome. I have a TinyLetter for the project — please subscribe for updates (and if you’ll be in Melbourne for Fringe, do come!). We could definitely use some help in sponsorships and funding (among other things), so drop me a line if you have any suggestions.
- Join my Patreon! I post my creative work regularly and sometimes have exclusives or premieres there.
- Drop me a dollar! Use Stripe, PayPal, or Ko-Fi.
- Get me something on my wishlist! I normally have this page up for gift exchanges, but if you’re feeling generous go for it.
- Hire me! Queer Lady Magician, my day job, and some other projects mean that I’m mostly available for very part-time work (1–2 days/week) or casual hours in Melbourne or remotely, but I’m open to discussion especially for work after October 2018 as things wind down. My background is largely in arts, media, organizing, administration, production, research, writing, education, and tech, and I am pretty flexible with job roles and companies. Here’s my LinkedIn.
- Book me! I’m available for all kinds of gigs in writing, performance, presenting, speaking, teaching, production, and I’m sure many more that we can work out together. Asides from the links above, do check out my writing portfolio and my Vimeo, YouTube, and SoundCloud channels.
- Share my work! Recommend it using the Green Heart button, share it on social media (and tag me when you do!), pass it around. Most of my work is Creative-Commons licensed — just credit me and you’re golden.
- Request to have my work reprinted in your publication! Some of my writing has been republished on other sites (with or without editing), including Autostraddle, The Express Tribune (Pakistan), Geek Feminism, PinkLabel.TV, and much more. I know Medium also has their own inbuilt publications, though until they deal with their editing security hole I’m going to be more selective about which publication requests I accept.
- Interview me or write about me! I’ve been interviewed for publications as diverse as The New Yorker, Fast Company, Cosmopolitan, The Star (Malaysia), SBS Australia, as well as for various academic articles, blogs, and podcasts. I’ve also been cited in tons of academic, news, and cultural articles. Feel free to use the content of my articles as a starting point for your interview, or talk to me about anything!
- Invite me to speak! I’ve presented at New Zealand Game Developers Conference, Alterconf Melbourne, Creative State Summit, Pecha Kucha Brisbane, Slutwalk Brisbane, Maven, the Allied Media Conference, the Erotic Screen and Sound Conference, Lost Levels, PAX Australia, and various others across the world, talking about sexuality, identity, race, gender, opportunity, empowerment, technology, media, games, and much more. I can do speeches, short talks, workshops, panels, just about anything you can throw at me really — I’m very comfortable with the stage.
- Connect with me on social media! I’m pretty prolific on the Internet, but I’m mostly on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Mastodon and Instagram, along with some Pinterest.
- Sign up for my newsletter! It’s kinda dormant at the moment as I try to figure out what to do with it, but if you sign up now you’ll be first to know when I get back into the swing of things.
- Drop me an email! Whether to chat, talk shop, work on a project, just about anything (so long as it’s not trolling).
- Invite me to things! Hosting an event that I should check out? Run a meetup group in line with my interests? Want to share your favourite eating spot? Tell me about it! I’m especially interested in things in Melbourne since that’s where I am, but am also open to travelling for the right opportunity.
Thank you for your support!