Luminar Neptune — The new Accent AI Filter with Quick & Easy Workspace
Macphun has released a massive update to Luminar, which they are calling Neptune. The main feature of this update is called the Accent AI Filter, and what this filter does is it takes a photo and analyzes different areas of the image; such as the dark and light areas of the image, the structure, colors, and other parameters. The Accent AI Filter will automatically make adjustments to intelligently fine-tune what the image needs to create a stunning photo. Thus, making the work of the non-professional and professionals alike easier with a much more simplified user-interface. The best part is the Accent AI Filter is that it only requires a single slider; slide from the left to the right on the Accent AI Filter and choose the desired amount of the effect and the Accent AI Filter will do the rest.
To simplify the user-interface, Luminar now as a new workspace called Quick & Awesome, which takes advantage of the new Accent AI Filter. This simplifies Luminar so that you don’t feel overwhelmed when you are editing you photos. You are presented with 3 filter options: Accent AI, Saturation/Vibrance, and Clarity. Of course, if you need a more advanced workspace, those options still exist inside of Luminar Neptune as well!
“The Accent AI Filter emerged as a ground-breaking way to make perfect images instantly, incorporating the power of dozens of filters into one convenient tool. This is something other photo software is missing; and what’s more important, it’s something that all photographers will greatly benefit from,”
I have been using Luminar Neptune for about two weeks now — with a review version of the application — and I can honestly say this is a terrific update to Luminar. Not only because Luminar now offers a simpler UI for novices; but, also because the Accent AI Filter actually works very well. You can take a photo and let the software do all the hard work, while you only need to make a few minor adjustments to ultimately turn your flat image into a spectacular photo!
Along with the new Quick & Awesome workspace and the Accent AI Filter, the Macphun team also added some more powerful features to Luminar, such as: plugin integration with Aurora HDR, a crop tool update that allows you to specify crop sizes, local history which allows you to have a separate provisioning history while in denoise, transform, and clone & stamp modes, along with several other feature updates highlighted below.
New feature highlights in Luminar Neptune:
● Accent AI filter — Uses artificial intelligence to create stunning images with a single slider movement, tapping into the power of dozens of filters.
● Quick & Awesome workspace — A workspace consisting of the Accent AI Filter, Saturation & Vibrance and Clarity filters. Perfect for achieving great results in a fun and easy way within seconds.
● Plug-in integration with Creative Kit and Aurora HDR 2017 — Seamlessly access favorite features from Macphun’s other photo editing tools.
● Brush, Gradient and Radial Gradient tools — Dramatically faster performance yields smoother selective editing.
● Vignette filter — Addition of Vignette Styles, Place Center and Pre- and Post-Crop modes delivers even more flexibility to this popular photo finishing tool.
● Memory management — Increased overall performance for large files and 5+ simultaneous open images.
● User Interface changes — Extensive improvements to in-app animation and mode transitions make for a more pleasing editing experience.
● Crop tool update — Ability to specify custom crop sizes bring the ultimate usefulness to cropping.
● Local history — Provision for reviewing separate history while in Transform, Denoise, Clone & Stamp modes helps optimize editing.
If you have not yet purchased Luminar, you can do so by visiting the Macphun website, or by following this affiliate link (which gives me some credit for pointing you in the right direction) and purchasing Luminar for only $60: http://macphun.evyy.net/c/378987/369863/3255.
Originally published at www.crizzo.net.