We believe that good jobs that pay well, offer benefits like retirement and paid time off, and provide opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute are essential to rebuilding our economy and taking back our democracy. We’re growing our team of four to include two more in the coming months. This is one of the positions we are hiring for. Please share and feel free to email with questions.
Reporting directly to Chief Financial Officer, the Executive Assistant provides executive support to the CEO, Operations and Finance Director and Development and Communications Director. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for many external stakeholders. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with external stakeholders including Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters as directed by the CEO.
- Research and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board member.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
Senior Management Liaison:
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all- staff meetings.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach:
- Ensure that the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
- Assist Development and Communications Director with fundraising logistics including collecting information internally.
Skills and Capacities:
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
· Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
· Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of response.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position offering competitive salary, benefits, vacation, and retirement. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Location flexible with preference for Bay Area and New York based candidates.
Please send cover letter and resume to Lili Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017.