With the addition of our fourth fund, we’re growing the team in LA! Read our story and where we’re headed, here!
Note: This role has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Company description: CrossCut is a leading venture capital fund in Southern California with more than $225M in assets under management across four funds. Since our founding in 2008, one of our core values has been to “Be the First Call” for the entrepreneurs we serve. We want to be an incredibly supportive partner who is there to help with the challenges of running their business. To do so, we have built an array of platform resources we make available to our companies to help them address a broad range of operational challenges. This includes the CrossCut Expert Network, which consists of 50+ top operators in LA willing to provide advice and mentorship to our portfolio companies.
Position description: We are searching for a full-time Head of Platform. This is an incredible role for someone who loves to work with entrepreneurs and early stage startups to solve mission critical initiatives, while serving as a highly visible CrossCut representative to the tech community. Your focus is to ensure CrossCut is doing whatever we can to provide operational support across our portfolio. This is NOT an investment position where you are working on new deal opportunities. This opportunity is about understanding the different challenges our portfolio companies face and using our network to solve problems. You will also be responsible for productizing the core offering of the CrossCut Platform, continually seeking feedback on best practices we can provide to our portfolio companies. The ideal candidate can adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges, and will care deeply about our ethos of hustle, heart, and humility, supporting entrepreneurs who build revolutionary companies.
Day-to-day activities include:
Engaging and supporting our portfolio companies, leading the infrastructure and processes
- Building and managing the CrossCut Expert Network
- Creating and curating a curriculum of lessons learned and best practices for our founders, across all aspects of building innovative companies
- Developing recurring practices for the CrossCut team to frequently engage with portfolio companies
- Managing an internal CrossCut education portal for our founders
Managing CrossCut hosted events (8–10 events per year for the SoCal tech community)
- Events from sector-focused dinners to broader SoCal tech events
- Managing our annual sponsorships
- Develop feedback loops so CrossCut can continue to best serve the needs of the SoCal tech community
Developing CrossCut’s PR, marketing, and branding efforts within SoCal and across the country
- Managing relationships and business with branding and media stakeholders
- Assist in development of guest editorial content and creation of CrossCut content, for distribution to broader community, on a recurring basis
- Writing and distributing recurring newsletters/content
- Plan team’s involvement at broader tech and industry events in SoCal and across the country
Driving the growth of this platform role, building relationships within the community and staying on top of best practices to ultimately drive the sustainability, success, and health/happiness of our founders
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2–4 years of experience in and around startups, especially in a product, business development, or marketing role
- You love to network. “Connector” is your middle name.
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next.
- You are passionate about building great companies and helping entrepreneurs win.
- You play well with others. You might be a superstar genius, but if people don’t always refer to you as a “really great person” then you definitely don’t belong here. We need to like you, and so does your network.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please email Apply@crosscut.vc with subject line: “Head of Platform — application”, your resume, and your story with an example of why you think you’re the best candidate, given the job description.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.