We’re hiring an administrative assistant
With the addition of our fourth fund, we’re growing the team in LA! Read our story and where we’re headed, here!
Company description: CrossCut is a leading venture capital fund in Southern California with more than $225M in assets under management across four funds. We believe that successful investing is about mentorship, trust, community-building, hard work, compassion, shared learning, great communication, empathy and a little bit of luck. And we use our deep operating experience and institutional investing expertise to fund early stage companies across the country.
Position description: We are searching for a friendly, smart, and organized Administrative Assistant to work onsite at our Venice headquarters, supporting two of our four Managing Directors. Ideal candidates will have excellent client service skills, be outcome-oriented, and capable of tackling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment. This role is dynamic, with core responsibilities as traditional administrative tasks — heavy calendaring, light personal assistant duties, travel arrangements, event organizing, etc. The ideal candidate will adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges, and care deeply about our ethos of hustle, heart, and humility, supporting entrepreneurs who build revolutionary companies.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Dynamic, heavy calendaring, for both internal and external meetings, in multiple time zones
- Handling travel arrangements internationally and domestically
- Helping to manage internal logistics, including scheduling and organizing on-site meetings, events, and training
- Working with our other administrative personnel and professionals as a team player
Required skills and experience:
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, solving problems with superb accuracy and a sense of urgency
- English proficiency, with ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Exceptional client service skills, over the phone and in person, with our founders, portfolio company founders, and investors
- Must be computer savvy, proficient in Google suite, Microsoft Office, email, and presentations
- Extremely organized with strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Can handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently
- You are passionate about building great companies and helping entrepreneurs win
- You play well with others. You might be a superstar genius, but if people don’t always refer to you as a “really great person” then you definitely don’t belong here. We need to like you, and so does your network.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please email Apply@crosscut.vc with subject line: “Administrative Assistant — application”, your resume, and your story with an example of why you think you’re the best candidate, given the job description.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.