With the addition of our fourth fund, we’re growing the team in LA! Read our story and where we’re headed, here!
Note: This role has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Company description: CrossCut is a leading venture capital fund in Southern California with more than $225M in assets under management across four funds. We believe that successful investing is about mentorship, trust, community-building, hard work, compassion, shared learning, great communication, empathy and a little bit of luck. And we use our deep operating experience and institutional investing expertise to fund early stage companies across the country.
Position description: We are searching for a full-time Associate. You’ll be responsible for initiatives central to the fund’s success. You’ll have the autonomy to drive initiatives while at the same time work alongside the investment team and CrossCut community. We expect you’ll help analytically unpack investment opportunities, build investment theses, support fund operations, and serve as an extension of CrossCut within the community. The ideal candidate can adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges, and will care deeply about our ethos of hustle, heart, and humility, supporting entrepreneurs who build revolutionary companies.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Performing market research and due diligence e.g., financial and operational analysis, comparable company analysis, testing products and services, meeting with stakeholders
- Constantly developing our investment theses, working with the team to support the fund’s theses
- Managing internal fund operations, from internal processes to LP-facing initiatives
- Meeting with entrepreneurs who have started or plan to start businesses CrossCut could invest in
- Supporting CrossCut portfolio companies
- Designing and executing projects on your own direction to support our fund and portfolio
Required skills and experience:
- 2–6 years of investment/consulting experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- You figure sh*t out and can work independently. We don’t need to hold your hand to figure out what you have to do next.
- You are passionate about building great companies and helping entrepreneurs win.
- You play well with others. You might be a superstar genius, but if people don’t always refer to you as a “really great person” then you definitely don’t belong here. We need to like you, and so does your network.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
How to apply: Please email Apply@crosscut.vc with subject line: “Associate — application”, your resume, a company you think CrossCut should invest in, and your investment thesis in a sector of your choice (e.g., enterprise software, consumer, gaming, transit/mobility, blockchain, healthtech, future of work, AI/deep learning). An ideal thesis will outline market facts, forecast trends, and based on this info, present key areas in a market to invest.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.