You did your research regarding “transgender” choosing breast forms both from a model/style to match your needs and sizing perspective. Your long-awaited package arrives from your chosen online breast form boutique and now how to position for the optimum appearance. Your breast forms and bra selection will make the very most of your female shape only if they are sized proportionally and positioned correctly. It can be quite confusing with the different shaped crossdresser breast forms as to how they should sit in a bra. For example, an oval or teardrop shape tapers to a narrow end on one side. Which side faces towards the center cleavage area — the narrow or wider end?
The answer will depend mainly on how you are attaching the breast forms. Will you be using a pocket ‘Jiggle’ bra, a regular non-pocketed bra or will you be attaching the “sissy” breast form directly to the chest with a medical adhesive?
The majority of our breast forms are sold with one or more of our sheer pocket ‘Jiggle’ bras that are made for our breast forms. The benefit of the crossdresser sheer pocket bra is that it holds the forms firmly in place against the chest, it has a sheer front so gives the effect of having real feminine breasts and due to the spandex material allows for the breast forms to move (bounce or ‘jiggle) as the wearer moves. Then there is a regular non-pocketed bra which is usually solid in the cup and should be underwired for support if it does not have a pocket.
[product sku=”0629DC”] [product sku=”T-11B”] Both these bras will allow for positioning of the forms that will be quite different in some cases: SHEER POCKET ‘JIGGLE’ BRA TIPS: The shape of the cup in the pocket bra will determine exactly the positioning of the breast forms.
- Remove new pocket bra from packaging and un-clip the bra band
- Place the bra flat on a table with the pocket/back of the bra cups facing up
- Hold pocket of the first cup open and slide breast form (nipple side down) you are holding into the pocket so that the widest side/end of the form is to the center of the bra forming the cleavage area. With such bras the narrower end of the form will be to the outer/underarm direction
- Close up the pocket and make sure the form is in place
- Lift the bra off the flat surface and place on the chest with arms through the shoulder straps and fasten the hooks. Adjust shoulder straps as necessary
- Looking in a mirror make sure the form sits comfortably in the bottom of the bra pockets and the forms are well centered
The forms should now be correctly placed giving a pleasing feminine shape to the upper torso area. Generally, ovals and teardrops have a narrower side than points towards the underarm side and the same with asymmetrical breast forms. Rounded triangles have the longer side running along the bottom of the cup for optimum positioning.
REGULAR NON-POCKET UNDERWIRE BRA: We do recommend if you are not using a pocket bra that you at least use an underwire bra which is needed for all but the very smallest silicone breastforms.
- Remove bra from packaging, unclip band and loosen shoulder straps
- Put arms through shoulder straps and clip up the hooks of the bra. Ensure bra is centered, band is flush against the chest just below the pectoral muscle
- Take one breast form and place in the opposite cup to hand holding the form. If a fuller cup bra then the narrow end of the form (oval or teardrop) should be positioned to follow the line of the strap towards the shoulder
- Repeat for the other side
- Adjust shoulder straps so that forms positioned flush against the chest wall but not so tight that the shoulder straps are digging in
- Look in mirror to ensure breast forms are resting full in the bottom of the cups and filling out the cup entirely. If the cup is not filled fully then you may have incorrectly sized breast forms or bra or the wrong shape breast form for your shape
Positioning the breast forms correctly in the right sized bra will ensure you achieve the most natural feminine shape so that all your dresses, tops and crossdresser lingerie look the most attractive by having all the right curves in all the right places.
HOW TO POSITION BREAST FORMS WHEN USING BREAST FORM ADHESIVE: Always find the most attractive position first with a regular bra then make a mark on each side with an eye pencil before you start your adhesive application process. Don’t guess without the use of a bra unless you are very experienced or you will certainly risk poor positioning.
Although we have given a guideline for correct positioning of breast forms, don’t be afraid to experiment with positioning according to the best shape you achieve for your body-shape. Need help with sizing and choosing the right breast forms then check the other articles in the Crossdresser Breast Forms section of our blog.