53 Ways you can improve your life
Ever found yourself wanting to change your life for the better? Well, then you’re like the rest of us. As we grow older our lives are constantly changing. ‘The one constant thing in our life is change.’ I know, that sounds so cliché but it is very true. Change is a part of human nature. Unless you die, the truth is that sooner or later, your life will change. We can’t avoid Change but we can however choose whether some of that change can be positive or negative.
Everyone is different and no one thing will work the same for everyone, You have to choose what change works for you. Here are 53 things that can help you to improve your life for the better. You can choose which works for you and start working on it.
1. Develop positive thinking. I put this as number 1 because to have a positive change you need to have a positive mental attitude.
2. Find the wrong habits and then get rid of them.
3. Find a Great motive for change. Look around you and see what will drive you to change e.g circumstances, children, personal growth etc. The greater the motive the greater the motivation.
4. Accept who you are. Don’t try to be someone else always try to be a better you. There is no one better than you so accept who you are, all your positives and flaws.
5. Create an Action plan and take action don’t just talk.
6. Develop Discipline and focus. It is easy to get distracted in this century, work on your discipline and focus.
7. Read a lot more. Read an article or a book every day. Reading is one of the best ways to educate yourself.
8. Produce content. Reading is about consuming content. But you also have to produce content, this can be in visual , audio or written form, Find a way that allows you to freely express yourself and then produce content every day.
9. Get rid the negativity in your life
10. Find a strong Support network to help you and add value to you as you improve your life
11. Exercise daily. Find an exercise you love and do it.
12. Listen to a lifestyle podcast. They are lifestyle podcasts out there that give 5- 10 min lifestyle hacks, subscribe to them and listen for tips on how to improve your life an example is ‘The school of greatness’ podcast.
13. Smile a lot more.
14. Realize that you will have the bad days and its okay to have them. Don’t let them ruin your entire year.
15. Find a way to make yourself laugh every day.
16. Reduce your debt.
17. Wake up earlier. You get to have more time to complete more tasks in a day.
18. Eat breakfast. Studies show that overall, daily breakfast eaters tend to be healthier than others, so embrace this habit every day.
19. Take a walk every day. Get your legs moving to reduce your chance of having a premature death.
20. Write down 3 to 10 things that you’re grateful for, every day. Practice gratitude
21. Make a list of 20 small things that you enjoy doing, and make sure that you do at least one of these things every day.
22. Make it a point to learn at least one new thing each day. It could be a new word, a new name of a flower, or a new person.
23. Leave your work behind. Never take your work home and leave it at work where it should be.
24. Have multiple sources of income. If you only have one source of income then you need to diversify. Invest or use your skill to create a new source of income. Spend an hour each day creating or developing another source of income.
25. Improve your writing skills to communicate more effectively.
26. Be nice. Spread a positive attitude and make others feel good, and you’ll feel better in return.
27. Stop complaining. Negative talk produces negative thoughts; negative thoughts produce negative results. So when you catch yourself complaining, stop.
28. Buy a notebook and start recording everything to declutter your mind. You can document anything from new ideas to assignments you have pending.
29. Start learning a new language. A new language will open up a new culture and a new way of thinking for you.
30. Eat healthy. Select on food that you know is bad for your health and stop eating that for at least 3 months or cut it out altogether. Replace it with a healthy meal.
31. Drink a lot more water, instead of carbonated drinks.
32. Start a ‘to do’ list. Better yet start a ‘not to do’ list.
33. Connect with someone new every day. It could be in person or on social media, make a point to connect with a new person every day.
34. Stop passing judgement unless you have heard every side of the story. Avoid making assumptions.
35. Stop criticising and look for ways to give praise and recommendations.
36. Let the friends come and go. Realize that not all of your friends will stay with you, but some may come back eventually.
37. Plan for the future, but enjoy what’s currently happening. Learn to live in the moment before it passes you by. Smell the roses and take in all the scenery that is around you.
38. Work on your self-confidence. Everyone stands to improve the standard of their life if they were more confident.
39. Stop worrying about the future. Sometimes we worry about things that may or may not happen.
40. Leave your comfort zone. ‘Life happens outside your comfort zone’, ever heard of that expression? It’s true. Do something that makes you nervous, like talking to a new person or posting original thoughts online. Break your routine and do something different.
41. Don’t let what’s happened in the past dictate your future. Find ways to let go of the past.
42. Set big goals. Average goals will only give you average results. Go for something big.
43. Start having brain storming sessions. Learn new ideas and get mental stimulation by brain storming or debating with someone else.
44. Keep a clean space. Decluttered work space makes it easier to do some work.
45. Start mono tasking. That is the opposite of multi-tasking. Take on one task at a time to be more productive and effective
46. Take a trip to somewhere you have never been.
47. Finish something you started a long time ago.
48. Start or add to a savings account.
49. Take a day off just because you want to.
50. Don’t dwell on things you can’t change.
51. Face you fears. Fears don’t magically go away. It does not work like that; we need to take the time to face them. If you want to change your life, learn to master your fears so they can’t control you any longer.
52. Let go of the regrets. Regrets are only events of the past and all they do is hold us back. The only thing we have control over is what we do now.
53. Learn to love yourself.
What change have you made that has made your life better? Share them in the comment section and if you feel like this can help someone else share it with them.