Tips to manage common oral problems
Dental care is not only to keep your smile beautiful as well as healthy but it also can have a noteworthy effect on the general wellness. According to the survey, one out of 10 people show sign of poor oral health, and in some other cases, the number can also exceed to nearly 100 percent.
Listed, below are some of the common dental conditions.
Bad Breath (Halitosis)
Often, the reasons of bad breath can be very simple. However, if you’re having bad breath for a prolonged period of time, it must be a sign of something serious coming up or a symptom of a long-term problem.
· Presence of oral bacteria can lead to bad odor, and it’s an alarm that you have plaque build-up.
· Diet plays a major role in bad breath, and the food you eat can usually cause bad breath.
· Dry mouth can also affect your breath, as the presence of saliva in your mouth can interfere in the plaque buildup and food particles from sticking to the teeth.
· Unclean dentures
· Certain medical conditions such as liver or kidneys problems can cause bad breath.
Treatment & Prevention:
· Cleaning your teeth daily with brushing and flossing could be a best to start with.
· Besides, cleaning teeth don’t forget to clean your tongue as well.
· Drink water regularly, it is the easiest way to flush out your mouth.
· Avoid dry mouth.
· Sugarless candies or gum can help in keeping your mouth moist.
· Mouthwash is an effective way to kill bacteria before bedtime.
Gingivitis is a condition when teeth are not properly cleaned, and plaque starts to build on the tooth’s surface. It can result in irritation to the gums, slightly swollen and make them appear red. Another more serious gum disease like periodontitis begins with gingivitis.
Symptoms include bad breath, swollen, red or tender gums which start bleeding while brushing or flossing. Managing gingivitis is a sign of good oral hygiene. This prevents bleeding gums, halitosis and other serious dental conditions.
Treatment & Prevention
· Regular brushing & flossing
· Rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash
· Visit your dentist regularly for oral checkups as well as cleanings
Dry Mouth (xerostomic)
Decreased production of saliva can cause dry mouth or xerostomic which affects nearly 60 percent of older adults. Saliva helps in lubrication of the mouth that prevents tooth decay and protects tooth enamel. But you need not be worried, as there are various ways to avoid this condition.
Dry mouth result from different reasons such as medications, smoking, systemic diseases or salivary gland aplasia, immune deficiency and radiation or cancer treatments.
Signs & Symptoms
· Bad breath
· Red or swollen gums
· Eating, talking or swallowing difficulties
· Dry, cracked tongue
· Bleeding gums
· Lips that stick to the teeth
· Issues wearing dentures
Treatment & Prevention
· Regular brushing with fluoridated tooth paste and flossing
· Sip water throughout the day
· Use water-based lip lubricant
· Use saliva substitutes
· Chew sugar-free gum
· Suck sugar-free candy
· At night use a mist humidifier
· Talk to your physician about changing troublesome medications
· Visit your dentist for regular check-ups
· Avoid alcohol or alcoholic products
We have listed down the best oral care centers in Bangalore to keep your smile as beautiful as it is.Bangalore provides the best and affordable health care services to every individual.
- Tooth affair: It is a professional dental care clinic in Bangalore, works with an aim of 100% patient satisfaction. Address: №665, Ist floor, 100 ft road, Indiranagar I Stage, Bangalore 560038, Phone080 4146 5454
- Dentry’s: It was established in 2009 with a mission to build up Dentistry as a trustworthy and wide-ranging stream that gives patients the Care & Cure that they deserve to live a better life. AddressI Floor, 27th Main, Sector 1, Opp HSR Police Station, HSR Layout, Bangalore — 560 102, Phone080–42091888 / 42094888
- Ridgetop Dental International: This oral care clinic provides patients with genuine and excellent dentistry every single day. Their highly skilled staff can serve you in all your oral health needs. Address52, 100 ft Road, Second Block, Koramangala Bengaluru 560034 Karnataka, India, Phone+91 80 67489900
- Apollo white dental: Apollo white dental provides India with brings world-class cosmetic and general dentistry at amazingly affordable expenses. AddressApollo White Dental Clinic, 668/A, 17th C Main, 6th Block, Near Koramangala club, Koramangala, Bangalore — 560 034, Phone080–25501625 / 41624433
- Quintessence Dental Solutions: It is a multi specialty dental clinic, located in Bangalore. They work with a belief that the best dental treatment is as little as possible. Address34, Millers Tank Bund Road (Opp Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain Hospital) Bangalore-560052, Phone080–40991979