6 Wonderful Uses for Honey and Cinnamon
Honey and cinnamon are both used as natural home remedies for a variety of conditions. Combined together, they provide a powerful complementary natural cure for everything from the sniffles to weight loss. This combination makes effective oral remedies, such as eating honey and cinnamon for cold symptoms. It also makes great topical applications, either raw or in soap form, that make honey and cinnamon for acne an effective solution. Continue reading to learn more about this powerful herbal remedy.
About Honey and Cinnamon
Cinnamon and honey have been combined for centuries. As far back as 5,000 years ago, Indian and Chinese cultures have used these two herbs for flavoring and medicinal purposes. Thanks to honey’s enzyme that produces hydrogen peroxide and cinnamon’s essential oils, they are both considered “anti-microbial,” which means they help combat bacterial and fungal growth.
It’s possible that when combined, honey and cinnamon health benefits become more potent than when each is used on its own. Both are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, sodium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc, along with vitamin C, niacin, folate, and riboflavin. Cinnamon also contains vitamins A, E, D, and K.
Honey and Cinnamon Properties
The many honey and cinnamon health benefits include that they are:
- Hypoglycemic 
Honey and Cinnamon Benefits
Honey and cinnamon health benefits include everything from eating honey and cinnamon for weight loss to taking honey and cinnamon for skin health. According to the Cures Decoded community, this home remedy is effective in treating the following conditions:
- Bad Breath (Halitosis) — Not only do honey and cinnamon have a pleasant, sweet aroma, but due to their antimicrobial properties, they can help combat the causes of bad breath when taken orally. Simply eat a teaspoon of honey with a dash of cinnamon a few times per day.
- Acne — Honey and cinnamon for acne can be quite effective when applied topically as the mixture helps kill acne-causing bacteria while reducing inflammation.2 Warm the mixture, and then apply to your face. Rinse off after 15 minutes. You can also purchase natural soaps containing honey and cinnamon for skin health.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia) — Honey and cinnamon mixtures are proven to reduce cholesterol. Take two tablespoons of honey mixed with three teaspoons of cinnamon powder in 16 ounces of tea water three times per day until your cholesterol is back to normal. This tea brew has been shown to reduce cholesterol by 10 percent within two hours of ingestion.
- Vomiting — Individuals feeling ill can take honey and cinnamon for cold symptoms and vomiting. As an immune-boosting remedy, it can help combat the cause of your vomiting.
- Sore Throat — Another use of honey and cinnamon for cold symptoms is taking honey and cinnamon for cough or sore throat problems since it reduces inflammation and combats the cause of your symptoms. Take a spoonful of honey with a dash of cinnamon, or brew it into a tea.
- Arthritis — Due to the anti-inflammatory nature of this home remedy, honey and cinnamon for arthritis can help reduce symptoms and, in some cases, cure the condition.
Whether you’re eating honey and cinnamon for weight loss, taking honey and cinnamon for cough, or using honey and cinnamon for arthritis pain relief, this remedy is a powerful cure for a variety of conditions. If you’ve had success with the home remedy, help make the world a healthier place by sharing your story with the Cures Decoded community.
Honey and Cinnamon Benefits