Recap: Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar 2018
The 6th Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar was a blast! We are so grateful to our local community for coming out and shopping their hearts out both days. Our makers were just outstanding, maybe the most talented lineup we’ve had to date.
We had a great time posing with Good Job!, playing tennis with Court 16, crafting away with Gymboree — not to mention sampling all those awesome drinks and eating way too many tacos! Even the weather cooperated to spare us the rain on Saturday and give us a beautiful, sunny Sunday. Check out some snapshots from our weekend at 501 Union and The Green Building — big thanks to Scott Salembier for the lovely photos!
7 Artisan St
Atsuyo et Akiko
Calhoun & Co
Cindy Penguin Jewelry
Dot + Loop
Flynn & King
French Bulldog Love
Green Elephant Brooklyn
Krista Stained Glass
Little Miss Workbench
Mud of Life
Nina’s Bowl of Sugar
Sea Salt Water
Shipped to Sea
Slope Girl Knits
FOOD & DRINKS!
Annie’s Ginger Elixir
Health Ade Kombucha
Olde York Farm
Redhead Hot Sauce
Rice + Miso
Trade St. Jams
Gymboree Park Slope
Shopping local has a huge impact and helps shape the community we live in. It’s so rewarding to see so many locals come out and support our makers, appreciate their craft, and have a good time while they find unique gifts. Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar is a true work of love, with months of effort and planning behind to make it all happen. It’s also a project with many truly awesome people involved, and we want to thank them here:
- Biggest thank you to our makers, the stars of the show, for their inspiring work and their support. To our awesome food & drinks vendors, for bringing their delicious flavors to the event.
- Thank you to Good Job! for taking beautiful portraits all weekend long. Did you find yours yet?
- Thank you to our partner Court 16 for getting the kids moving and playing all weekend long, even when it was chilly outside!
- Thank you to Gymboree Park Slope for joining the fun again and crafting away with the kids. Those turkey hats were too cute!
- Thank you to our partner Green Mountain Energy for literally helping us breathe easier — all the people who signed up for renewable energy at the event equal a carbon offset equivalent to planting 9800 trees every year.
- Thank you to our team ladies Melisa Coburn & Sue Lee for their fantastic work helping keep things running smoothly. To my husband and partner in an quite ridiculous number of ventures, and the rest of our team at Condensed for bringing together the fantastic design & marketing behind the event. I kind of want to frame all our posters.
- Thank you to CBS and News12 for coming to see us, we made the news TWICE this year!
- Big thanks to the lovely teams at 501 Union & Green Building — the nicest people, running the most gorgeous venues. If you know anybody planning a wedding, send them their way.
- And finally, thank you to everyone who came and did some major shopping! Thanks for supporting local makers! If you missed it, or didn’t get to circle back to anybody’s booth, you can still shop online — head over to our vendors page to find them all.
Until the next one!
Originally published at http://cutandcrafted.co on November 30, 2018.