Calcium is a metal placed in the 20th position in the periodic table and represented by the chemical formula Ca, and Calcium carbonate is a chemical compound. It is estimated that about 4 percent of the Earth’s crust is composed up of calcium carbonate. It is usually found in the form of minerals and rocks, some of which include calcite, chalk, limestone, aragonite and marble. Before moving on to more about Calcium Carbonate, here are some facts about calcium:
· It is the third most plentifully found metal in the earth’s crust.
· It is the 5th chemical element that is available.
· Calcium is a trimorphic metal and physically stands amidst sodium and aluminum.
· Calcium is harder than the Sodium and softer than aluminum.
Where is Calcium Carbonate found?
In the biological context, it is discovered in egg, oyster, snail and other seashells. It is also to be found in green vegetables such as Kale and Broccoli. When it comes to finding in the earth’s crust, calcite, vaterite, and aragonite, are the purest obtainable form of calcium carbonate minerals. They are highly considered for industrial usage.
Uses of Calcium Carbonate:
1. It is utilized in the construction industry.
2. Calcium carbonate is used in the purification of iron from iron ore.
3. Utilized in the oil industry as a formation bridging and filter cake-sealing agent.
4. Used to refine sugar from sugar beet.
5. It is an active element used in baby diapers.
6. It is utilized in the manufacture of blackboard chalk.
7. Calcium carbonate is generally used as an extender in paints and also in sealants, adhesives, and decorating fillers.
8. Calcium carbonate is used in the medical industry as a gastric antacid or dietary calcium supplement.
9. Used in the production of toothpaste.
CALCIUM CARBONATE is one of the products that WASIT GROUP is supplying in the local and international markets. We are using high-quality raw materials to produce high-quality CaCO3 powder and sizing. We are also developing more value-added solutions for our clients to ensure high quality, consistent and reliable source of CALCIUM CARBONATE products. We offer a blend of calcium and carbonate to our customers’ at the most competitive prices.