The Five Laws of Social Media Opportunity Costs
Opportunity costs. Plural noun. The benefits lost when taking a particular course of action rather than a mutually-exclusive alternative.
1. No one with more than one hashtag in their profile is worth arguing with.
2. No post whose title ends with “Here’s why” is worth reading.
3. No comment made below the line is worth refuting.
4. No thing that “happened next” is worth seeing.
5. No meme captioned with more than two sentences is worth looking at.