Francesca is executive editor of VR at the Guardian leading the Guardian’s virtual reality studio.
1. What are the most inspiring aspects of your work in XR?
POV — to place someone in someone else’s shoes and life.
2. What is the most promising, exciting development now happening?
3. What is the blind spot in XR, something that people seem to overlook?
4. What areas in XR have the biggest growth potential and why?
5. Where will XR be in five to ten years from now?
6. Anything else you would like to share with us?
Francesca Panetta’s presentation at VR Days Europe
GuardianVR — First person pov in VR journalism
Guardian VR was launched in 2016 — an extension of the 200 year old newspaper’s tradition of innovation and risk-taking.
The in house studio has concentrated on first person narratives, giving their audience a different perspective, and the chance to see the world through someone else’s eyes.
Francesca Panetta talks through the choices and decisions they have made for the seven pieces released so far.
Bio Francesca Panetta
Francesca Panetta is executive editor of VR at the Guardian leading the Guardian’s virtual reality studio.
Guardian VR make award winning virtual reality content in house ranging from 6x9: a virtual experience of solitary confinement to Sea Prayer, a 360 video painted in Tilt Brush by Khaled Hosseini.
Francesca is a journalist and artist, specialising in turning journalism into visceral and emotional immersive pieces.
Francesca will speak at the VR Days Europe — Check out the program and don’t miss out on the tickets!