The Big WHY of Organisational Resilience
You need ONLY ONE reason to say YES — else there are 10 for saying no (an old saying)!
Pickup your one reason:
· Organisational Resilience is the need of the hour — for all organisations
· The returns are high — as high as 1trillion dollars for aligning just two departments in the organisation
· Reskilling-upskilling-newskilling is the mantra in the prolonged Covid-19 Pandemic period — 7 out of top 15 (WEF report) for 2025 are touched by Organisational Resilience
· Resilient People make Resilient Organisations
· Relationships are important — build, develop, and enhance
· CRM leads to high resilience
· HRM leads to high resilience
· ERM is the basis of Organisational Resilience — A Risk Managing, Learning, and Continually Improving organisation is a Resilient Organisation
· The path is Risk Management — ERM — GRC — BCM — Operational Resilience — Organisational Resilience
· Innovate, Collaborate, Empower, Align, Create, Encourage, Integrate, Reinforce, Respect — and achieve Organisational Resilience
The best any country could have wished was the Indian Prime Minister, Mr. Modi talking of BCM (https://www.livemint.com/news/india/prepare-ten-priority-areas-business-continuity-plan-pm-modi-asks-ministers-11586177830145.html ) where on 6th April 2020 he asked the Ministries to develop Business Continuity Plans.
Yes, BCM (Business Continuity Management) is a part of Organisational Resilience (see the infographic), but there is a lot more to Organisational Resilience. It provides structured and balanced approach to achieve organisation’s VMV (vision, mission, values), goals/ objectives, purpose.
To be truly RESILIENT, an organisation will need to work on all aspects as in the infographic above. The need is not only the ministries, but all organisations (size, nature, sector, complexity — do not matter) to implement Organisational Resilience.
This is how we answer the Big WHY. The next big i.e. HOW is answered in my Organisational Resilience course.
Organisational Resilience is a journey of transformation — it will need dedicated resources — time, money, and effort!
Get connected with me for latest in Organisational Resilience, BCM, Risk Management, and Crisis Management
Daman Dev Sood, FBCI, FBCS, CBCI, SMIEEE, MAIMA, ISO 22301 LA & Expert
Chair — CS Chapter, IEEE Delhi Section
Member Champion — IEEE India MOVE Partner Relations Committee
International Resilience Trainer & Consultant
Principal Mentor & Goodwill Ambassador
BRINGLE UK & India
Phone: +91 9958091880 (whatsapp)
Author of “My Experiments With BCM” available at notionpress.com, amazon.in, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com, flipkart.com, kriso.it, wob.com, barnesandnoble.com, ebook.de, books.google.co.in, fnac.com, bookdepository.com , shop.wordbookstores.com, fnac.pt, www.kizzysbooksandmore.com
Author of the “Step by Step guide to the NCEMA 7000: Implement BCM the UAE way” — Available online at the Kindle store