My best articles of 2015
It’s been a busy 2015, but before we see in 2016, here’s a quick look back at some of the features I produced during the year.
I covered a lot of topics; including the business of media, social networks, tech in the Middle East and digital health. This is a personal selection showcasing some of these — and other — subjects and includes pieces that (IMHO) are still especially worth reading.
Thanks for reading, tweeting and sharing in 2015! And Happy New Year!
- TheMediaBriefing: Seven reasons why Snapchat is so hot right now
- BBC: Turkey’s relationship with social media: “it’s complicated” (with Esra Doğramacı)
- TheMediaBriefing: 6 Global Social Media Trends in charts
The Business of Journalism
- TheMediaBriefing: 9 key takeaways from the Reuters Institute Digital News Report 2015
- BBC: Three challenges to journalism in the Middle East
- journalism.co.uk: The mainstreaming of data reporting and what it means for journalism schools (with August Frank and YingYing Yang)
Changes in Media consumption
- TheMediaBriefing: The way we were: 10 ways UK media consumption has changed in the last decade
- Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies blog: 10 things we learned about Social Media in the Middle East in 2014
- TheMediaBriefing: How America watches TV: 8 trends to be aware of (with Abigail Edge)
Hyperlocal media and Community Journalism
- BBC: What next for community journalism?
- Centre for Community Journalism:Community journalism in the UK: the emerging evidence base
- Carnegie UK Trust: 10 ways hyperlocal media is contributing to UK journalism
- Huffington Post: Why Super-Fast Broadband Matters
- Carnegie UK Trust: How can policy makers support UK hyperlocal media?
- Huffington Post: Five Tech Priorities for the new UK Government
Middle East Tech and Telecomms
- ZDNet: Abu Dhabi’s first tech accelerator opens its doors with skate wearables, fine art, and ambition
- Your Middle East: 5 social media predictions for the Middle East in 2015
- BBC: Social media catching up with TV as trusted news source in Middle East
Interviews and Profiles
- TheMediaBriefing: How the BBC is harnessing mobile platforms to engage global audiences
- nuviun: Profiles in Digital Health: FrontlineSMS
- ZDNet: ‘Five weeks were just the beginning’: The US scheme to back Middle Eastern, African women in tech
- ZDNet: How to get an investor’s attention: Pitch them thousands of feet in the air
- TheMediaBriefing: Innovation lessons from the Cambodia Daily
- nuviun: How Japan is leading the way in medical uses for 8K Super Hi-Vision
Originally published at damianradcliffe.wordpress.com on December 31, 2015.