Adam Brock Movie Recommendation API
Our colleague Adam Brock loves movies and TV shows — he’s seen everything and knows every actor and always has a movie in mind for every situation he’s in. He’ll even have a Nicholas Cage film for every situation he’s in.
So we’ve plugged him in — Adam as a Service (AaaS).
- Asynchronous — Responses usually under 24 hours
- Uses the Promises library — For every MovieRecommendation request that you make, we Promise you’ll get a good one*
- Personalised — The more movies you ask about, the more Adam knows what you like and what to suggest
- Plain-English Query Language (PEQL) — Make requests naturally; PEQL is remarkably like writing a sentence.
- Simple to use —Just submit a String and receive a String
Query: Hey Adam, this week I watched Blade Runner and Ghost in the Shell (the new Scarlett Johansson one), and I’m in a cyberpunk-future-city-but-also-retro-80s-synth-neo-tokyo-ish mood. What should I watch next?
Response: Ooh, nice. You seen Akira? That’s a good one to watch after Ghost in the Shell.
*Note — The technology is still under development, some queries may have side effects:
Query: So I’ve FINALLY finished Black Mirror AND Chef’s Table. Such a lol contrast of dystopian future/present and utopian outlook on food production. WHAT DO I WATCH NEXT SO I FEEL BETTER ABOUT THE WORLD?
Response: Very nice! Hmmm, I’m the wrong guy to ask about shows filled with hope.
Adam is a great colleague and a pleasure to work with. And he really does love movies. He once spent half a client meeting reciting Nicholas Cage’s filmography, in chronological order.