Why Brands Need Influencers on Pinterest?
+ Tips from 5 Pinterest Influencers
This article was originally published in Spanish here:
Most Pinterest influencers (or influencers on any social network) are just the lucky few who started using Pinterest early and their accounts were recommended to users. Most pinners who have millions of followers, have them on just one board. The rest of the boards have much smaller number of followers. People do not follow them for being celebrities but because of their tastes, because they like the content they pin.
Take a look at the anatomy of the influential pinners in an infographic by Hello Society:
Infographic] Why Brands Should Care About Pinterest Influencers | HelloSociety Blog | Ver más sobre anatomy…es.pinterest.com
Why Pinterest influencers are important for brands?
Brands can work with Pinterest influencers in their niche creating a board together where the influencer will curate content. Collaboration with Pinterest influencers can bring many benefits for brands such as:
- Brand amplification. Pinterest influencers a lot and influence the purchasing decisions of their followers by pinning interesting content that leads to increased traffic to websites and very often people end up buying some of the suggested products. Brands can work with a Pinterest influencer that will pin interesting content that has to do with the brand.
Examples of brands collaborating with Pinterest influencers:
Target collaborates with Oh Joy, Wit & Delight and Poppytalk.
Martha Stewart Living collaborates with Poppytalk.
The Land of Nod collaborates with Oh Joy.
Tiffany & Co. collaborates with Wit & Delight.
Lowe’s collaborates with Justina Blakeney, etc.
- Increased brand credibility.
- Follower number growth. If a brand launches a contest collaborating with an Pinterest influencer it will help grow the number of followers on the blog or on Pinterest.
- Brand awareness.
- Increased traffic.
- Increased visibility of the pins.
- More sales.
Now let’s take a look at the tips for brands from 5 Pinterest influencers:
- Paula Coop McCrory — 4.4 million followers
You can follow Paula here:
Taste is the most popular board on her account.
- Pin what you love. Think of your Pinterest as a visual diary — a true reflection of all the parts that make you, you.
- Pay attention to the details. Fill in all aspects of your header. Name, profile picture, contact details and a one liner that reflects your ‘voice.’ It is all important. This is the epicentre of your Pinterest page — a business card of sorts.
- Cover board images set the tone for each of your boards. Edit and find the image that best describes the feel of each board.
- And finally, pay attention to when you pin and the days you pin. There is a whole world of analytics you can access if you convert your account to a business account — and it’s free. If this is not of interest, 2–4pm EST and 8pm-1amEST are prime times of day, with the weekends getting the highest level of traffic.
2. Christian Radmilovitch — 1.1 million followers
You can follow Christan here:
_Fashion Inspirations_ is the board with the largest number of followers in your account.
- Use the “pin it” button on your website, and even more the“hover” button, so you make it easier for your audience to share your visual content on Pinterest.
- Integrate rich pins on your website in order to develop your conversion rate (traffic, e-commerce, SEO, gift feed) and to give Pinterest active members a better user experience.
- Check quickly if your website is popular on Pinterest using this simple URL address: www.pinterest.com/source/domainname (without www.).
- Check if your brand, products and/or services are popular using Guided Search on Pinterest.
- Create a business account and verify your website so you can access the free Pinterest analytics.
- Take advantage of your audience interests and passions, using Pinterest analytics, in order to optimize your content strategy and better connect with your customers.
- Use third party application, such as PMD (Pinterest MarTech Developers) Tailwind, Curalate or Piqora, to identify your influencers and most active followers, and interact with them using, for example, collaborative boards.
- For a better SEO / SMO, it is recommended to pin regularly and to repin.
- Don’t forget to tell your organic audience (owned media) you have a Pinterest profile so they can follow you easily and install a follow button on your website.
3. Richard LaRue — More than 674 thousand followers
You can follow Richard here:
Motociclismo is the board with the largest number of followers on his account.
The most important thing to do in order to build a meaningful following on Pinterest is to stay true to your “voice.” If people start following you simply because they like your aesthetic, they’ll leave once it becomes clear that you no longer pin for substance. Everyone says you need to pin every day, but that’s a trap. I think it’s truly a matter of quality over quantity. Carefully selected content will attract far more attention than a patchwork of generic images. Your boards can easily appear formulaic if the images all look the same. In time, you will find that with Pinterest, authenticity is its own reward.
4. Natalia Escaño — 1.1 million followers
You can follow Natalia here:
DIY is the board with the largest number of followers on her account.
- The Pinterest account should be a reflection of one’s personality, tastes and concerns. We should never fall into creating a system based on the tastes of others in order to get followers, because authenticity and freshness will be lost. There are always tips that we can use to create an attractive profile:
- Add content to your Pinterest account. Pin external content, from blogs, other websites or your own website, which helps enrich the network.
- Change the covers of the boards, every 15 days or so, according to trends or new material you have.
- When you upload a pin on a board, don’t pin just one, try to add several at once, this helps to create viral content.
- Optimize images, vertical images of 720 x 1200 pixels are recommended.
5. Mercedes Valgañón — more than 3 million followers
You can follow Mercedes here:
Forever is the board with the largest number of followers on her account.
- Pin original content. I think the key to our success is that we try to create original content on Pinterest. We do not just repin, we bring new content to Pinterest through other media such as blogs, Tumblr, etc.
- The image quality is very important. Images with good resolution and preferably vertical work best.
- Update the board covers. The cover of each board is our presentation card. Change your covers frequently so your profile is always updated.
Hope you liked the tips!
You can learn a lot of influential pinners on Pinterest marketing.
Do you follow them?
Huge thank you to Paula, Christian, Richard, Natalia and Mercedes for sharing their great Pinterest tips!