The Ultimate Product Hunt Launch Checklist
Product Hunt has turned into a nicely-designed hybrid of Quora, Reddit, GoodReads, Digg and more. Its community is full of makers, venture capitalists, and experts — it’s the rare place where you actually should read the comments.
If your product fills the blanks and you decided PH is a good way of promoting your products, read my checklist for a successful launch.
How to prepare your launch on PH:
- Choose a launch date. Thursday or Friday have already proven to be good choices for launch days
- Get help for submission. Ask the most prominent users on PH to help you with your product’s launching.
- Prepare an offer code. Include an exclusive offer for Product Hunters with your submission.
- Block engineering resources. Prepare your engineers to fix bugs and improvements.
2. Launch Day:
- Target a concrete submission time
- Write a welcome message
- Become visible as the maker
- Include visuals
- Don’t ask for upvotes
- Stay engaged. Follow your signals with Oscillskope
3. Post- launch:
- Check back your submission even days after the launch
- Read the newsletter. If you ended in the top 10 of the day, your product will show up in the daily summary newsletter and bring further users for your product.
- Talk with your upvoters. Even though it’s quite bunch of manual effort it’s totally worth the loyal customer base you’re building this way.
- Write about your experience and launch numbers to help other product makers and to keep people engaged with your launch
- Share your experience. Shared knowledge is power.
Ready, set, go!
If you liked this post, click the little ❤ below to let your friends know.
This article was originally published on Oscilloskope.com.