100 Days of Code: Day 42–43

Finally! Progress!

For the past two days, I’ve been trying to figure out the best layout for this page. And it seems like every layout I tried didn’t seem to work out in my favor. I was planning on using Bootstrap 4 for the project, but for some reason I just couldn’t get the page to behave the way I wanted it to. It felt like it was hours of time wasted due to not being able to get a stupid image to display correctly for a specific class.

**Correction: I actually do have Bootstrap 4 enabled with this project. I completely forgot I had it still linked in the CSS settings. So Yay! — My menu still works with Bootstrap 4! Yay!

Today I went back to the drawing board and decided to use Flexbox to set up my menu. The post image shows what my menu looks like at the moment….it took me three hours to get to this point. Three hours…. Nothing should take three hours to make but I keep getting surprised every time I work on a project. I feel like I could have gotten this together faster with Vanilla CSS.

Oh well…at least the menu is done. I even checked it in different viewport sizes to make sure the media queries were working correctly. They probably are throwing me a heckin’, but at this point I’m just going to roll with what I have and worry about the media query later.

Hopefully I have just add in the rest of the page without too much trouble. I’m afraid to use Bootstrap for the CSS since it may end up screwing up my “working” navigation system. But I do like how the styles for the headings look in version 4 so I may change my mind.

I’m just looking forward to this break so I can work on something else for a little while before returning to this insanity.f