It takes a holiday to bring focus to work
Holiday. Perfect for getting away from the daily grind of work.
But also the best place to really focus in on the key concerns from work without the daily, sometimes hourly, distractions.
And here are my takeaways:
- Better define our goals as a team
- Set simple and attainable objectives
- Start measuring what we need to measure in order to weigh success and failure against those goals
- Stop measuring everything and anything else
- Stop doing that which doesn’t contribute to our goals
- Hire great people
- Make where we work fun and rewarding
- Learn more about our audience and intended audience
- Serve that audience slavishly