11 Ultimate Road Trip Destinations by Jennifer Hanford
Trying to fit in a last-minute vacation during these last few weeks of summer?
When it comes to summer vacations, there’s nothing quite like a road trip. From long stretches of farmland to shiny cityscapes to the seashores, and all the small towns in between them, only driving allows you to see the many different aspects of your country.
A road trip also provides the perfect opportunity to create amazing memories with family and/or friends.
If you’re not in a hurry to reach a specific destination — or especially if you don’t even have a specific destination in mind — then get ready to pack up the car and hit the road.
Preparing for a road trip
Although it’s tempting to simply jump in the car and go, you’ll want to make sure that you are properly prepared. You want to arrive safely at your destination, of course.
Here are a few essentials to remember before hitting the road:
- Make sure your car insurance is up-to-date. Don’t know whether you have the proper coverage or have questions about insurance? This comprehensive guide from The Zebra, a site that helps you find and compare the cheapest car insurance rates in your area, can help. (Click here to view the guide).
- Schedule a car inspection and/or tune up.
- Have a plan for roadside assistance. For example, your auto insurance company may offer this, or you may consider investing in a AAA membership, at least for the duration of your road trip. AAA is a non-profit organization which provides emergency roadside service, discounts, travel bookings, vacation planning, maps, directions & financial services.
- Prepare for emergencies. Here are a few must-haves, just in case:
- Cell phone charger
- Water and non-perishable snacks
- First aid kit
- Blanket (in case it’s cold where you’re traveling and your car breaks down)
Source: How Money Walks
All set? Then let’s hit the road!
“American Sacred Ground — Carhenge” Alliance, Nebraska
~ via David Brown Eyes
This is an exact replica of Stonehenge but made with cars.
Sunset on the River (Finland)
~ via Jukka Heinovirta
A beautiful sunset over the river Pyhajoki in the Northern Finland. The sunlight creates dramatic clouds on the sky.
“Surfing in the River” Leiria, Portugal
~ via Gil Reis
Loganville, Georgia (Northwestern area of the state)
~ via Janice McGregor
A View from the far end of the lake at the Vines Botanical Gardens in Loganville, GA.
“London’s Most Unusual Historical Sites you can explore!” London, United Kingdom
~ via Enroute Europe
Wells Beach, Maine
~ via James Meyer
Wells Beach Maine great summer destination for the family vacation.
New York City, New York
~ via Steven Hughes
Hot, Humid and Beautiful
Northern British Columbia, Canada
~ via Kaila Walton
The Northern Lights shining bright in Northern BC Canada.
~ via Mila Ritz
San Antonio, Texas
Looking for a place to visit this summer? San Antonio is more than just The Alamo!
Wisconsin (In and around Lake Michigan’s western shore)
~ via Phil Koch
“Just Around the Bend” Wisconsin Horizons
What is your ultimate road trip destination? We’d love for you to share your pictures with us!
This article was originally published on the DashBurst Blog: https://blog.dashburst.com/road-trip-destinations/