Indian Curried Meatballs — A Healthy and Delicious Recipe by Sajni Datwani
India is a country, with a lot of different types of culture to draw on and have many climates, languages, food types and styles that all offer different kinds of awesomeness. Indian food provides a unique experience that many people would remember for their entire lives if they eat Indian food on a regular basis. Not only Indian people are craving for Indian food, people from all over the world also love to enjoy the taste of Indian food dishes. But what exactly is it that makes Indian food so tasty & mouth-watering? The secret behind the mouth-watering delicacies you get to indulge in the name of Indian food is Indian spices. No matter where you live in the world Canada, America or India, if you make use of spices well in Indian dishes you will definitely get an appetizing taste.
Another reason why people like to have Indian food is the innovative mind of Indian chefs that make use of spices in a unique way and offer you an ultimate recipe. Over years of work experience in the kitchen, Indian chefs have maintained top position by bringing their individual skills and combining classic dishes with global cuisines while maintaining the authentic flavors. Sajni Datwani is also like these chefs who have that skill set and potential to make a boring recipe to appetizing and healthy.
It is a healthy and easy to make recipe that is easy to fall in love with. It is also naturally gluten-free plus paleo and can easily be made in short time too.
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice and garam masala
- one teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Olive oil
- 6 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef, teaspoons kosher salt and jalapeños, remove seeds if desired
- Peeled and chopped ginger
- One large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, ground cumin, ground turmeric, medium onions respectively.
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt, dried chilies de árbol, and tablespoons ground coriander
- Crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- One tablespoon kosher salt
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cilantro leaves with tender stems (for serving)
Method of cooking: -
- First of all, mix the beef mince, garlic, onion, pepper, garam masala and egg together in a bowl.
- Make use of your hands to shape the meat mixture into balls.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Line the bottom of a grill tray with aluminium foil and place the meatballs on the grill tray.
- After this, grill the meatballs over medium flame for approx. 15 minutes.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and add the cumin seeds & the remaining onion. Cook for 4–5 minutes until is softened, then stir in the ginger.
- Now, add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée & turmeric and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Lastly, add the cooked meatballs, lessen the heat and simmer for 15–20 minutes. Add 70–100ml/3–4fl oz water if the curry is a bit dry.
- Serve with rice or chapatti.
Each of the recipes made by Sajni Datwani has easy to follow steps allowing anyone to make and enjoy them in no time at all. So what are you waiting for? Get to it and munch on some Indian appetizers.