Five for Friday
Am going to try and get a quick link roundup post out every Friday if I can, pointing out some interesting stuff I’ve seen during the week.
- Management is not about asking people to do stuff — really interesting article on being a better manager. Something that’s really been brought home to me in the last few years is that being successful in stuff like digital transformation or modernising IT relies on your ability to manage well as much as being some kind of epic visionary.
- Enterprise-wide Agility: Doing versus Being — I love the “doing versus being” idea and want to explore it more in a future post here.
- Council frontline staff lack digital skills competence — not just frontline staff I’d say and a lack of basic understanding of the role of technology and digital operating models is holding back transformation work in lots of organisations, no matter what the sector. I’m tempted to dust down my digital passport work of yesteryear to see if it could be refreshed to help fill this gap.
- Head of Technology Services — I’m moving on from my interim job at Horsham soon, and this is the advert for my permanent replacement. It’s a great job.
- Mark Thompson on platforms and government: