10 Simple Invoicing Tips That Small Businesses Must Follow
Small businesses generate invoices regularly. But they should take extra care in placing invoice correctly so that they do not miss on vial aspects.
Here are some major points to be considered while using invoice generator so that you have covered all aspects very well.
- Ask for payments politely but firmly — You should be in payment mode mentality. Your small business need finances all the time. So, do not hesitate in asking the payment you deserve. Your client must pay you even if the amount is smaller.
2. Set flexible payment duration — Small businesses should not expect payments on due date. Therefore, do not set a rigid payment date or duration. Instead, give your client at least 13 days more than the duration you aim for getting payment.
3. Give correct address — Recheck your address that you have put in your invoice. Make sure that the address is correct so that your payment does not get lost in else’s inbox.
4. Keep it simple — Make sure that when you use free invoice generator, layout of your invoice is concise and simple. The layout must state dates and amounts clearly. For example, if your organization is VAT registered, ensure that you give VAT number and VAT rate. Such details are crucial to getting payment correctly.
5. Ensure confirmation of receipt — When you include a ‘’read receipt’’ on invoice emails, you can know if the recipient has opened your invoice email. You can use an online link system to ensure that the recipient has clicked on your invoice link.
6. Invoice promptly — Do not delay invoicing as you need funds to run your small business. Many business fail due to cash flow issues and that they fail to make invoice on time.
7. Include VAT number — Whenever you supply services or goods to any party, give them your VAT invoice. Include your VAT number and a unique invoice number in your invoice.
8. Give time to bookkeeping — You should regularly set aside time for bookkeeping to record your income and expenditure so that you can reduce your tax liability.
9. Maintain record — If you do not keep record of your invoicing items, you may miss some of them at the time of sending invoice. So, use time-tracking software to record number of days that you spent on a project so that you can mention that in invoice.
10. Make payment easy — Ensure that your clients find making payment to you easy. So, choose a payment method that involves lesser fees for your clients. Also you can give alternative in getting payment in other currencies such as Bitcoin.
Hope that these are helpful tips when you are using invoice generator to create perfect invoice.