Week 0 — Commencement
So. Already procrastinated in publishing this post. Took a week longer than expected which isn’t ideal but it feels good to share my goals with friends. Received quite a few likes but I can feel the pressure coming, and that’s a good thing.
Plan for this post is to start setting smaller to-do list goals and I’ll return in the next two weeks to go over my progress (reflecting) and set similar benchmarks for the following two weeks (planning).
Learn SQL and a programming language (Python/Ruby)
- First goal is to finish the python programming course on codeacademy
- Schedule is 1 hour on T/W/TH/Sat. Adds up to 8 hours over two weeks and the overall course should take around 6 hours
- Complete advanced section on Mode for SQL learning (weekend)
Outstanding evaluation in second co-op
- Select projects to work on and begin contacting certain teams to go over the ideas with them
- Focus on improving Android Play Store ranking and finding a way to track the progress
- Ask for additional tasks in terms of other growth team initiatives
Find a co-op outside of Jobmine for 3rd term in Winter 2017
- Figure out what I want to do / where I want to work and why
- Start compiling a list of companies which fit my criteria and the contact person for each company
Work on a project
- Go through the notes on my phone and start filtering the ideas
- Create a list of potential ideas and begin thinking of a plan
Consistently write in this blog
- Two weeks later, should write a post on how I did in terms of achieving these short to do list goals and another post on what the next steps are for each goal
Maintain an exercise regime
- Figure out a plan to work out, focusing on both cardio and strength
- Try to stick to the plan and see how it goes
- Start creating a book list, do some research and go from there
- Hopefully I will start reading a book by the end of the week
- This will come with my blog post reflecting on how well I did on these above goals. Reflect on why certain goals were successful/unsuccessful
Hopefully I can check most of these off within the next two weeks.
Gotta start off strong!