D-Link router setup can complete in a few minutes. Once you have Setup your dlinkrouter.local, you can enjoy the high-speed Wi-Fi network in your home. So, to Setup your D-Link router, proceed with these given steps.
Steps to Setup D-Link router
· Foremost, switch on your dlinkrouter.local.
· Next, attach your computer to the D-Link router using Ethernet cable.
· Move to the web browser and open your favorite browser on your device.
· After this, type the URL http://192.168.1.1 in the browser bar.
· Once you tap the Enter key, a login screen will open on your screen.
· Here, enter admin in the username field and leave the password section blank.
· Press the Login button and Setup your router using the Setup Wizard method.
· A Setup Wizard page will pop up, and you have to follow the instructions.
· Tap on the Next option and the D-Link router automatically detects your internet connection.
Note: In case it does not detect, then select the type of your internet connection manually.
· Hereafter selects the DHCP WAN connection for wired connection and tap on the Next button.
· Head to the Wireless Settings, type a new Network Name and Password in both sections. Hit the Next option.
· The Setup page will again ask for the password, enter the password, and click on the Next option.
· At last, press the Save button. Now the setup process complete.
D-link Router Local: D-Link Router Login
If you are facing any trouble to log in into your D-Link router, then proceed with the Mentioned steps to log in.
· Verify that your device connects to the D-Link router network.
· On your device, open any internet browser.
· Next, In the URL bar enter www.dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.1.1.
· Further, click the Enter key, and it will navigate you to the admin login screen.
· Provide the admin login credential to the login screen.
· At End hit the Login button.
How to update D-Link router Firmware?
To enhance the router performance and function, you need to update the firmware of your D-Link router. Follow these required steps to update the firmware of your router.
· First of all, move to your device and open the web browser.
· Download the latest firmware of your D-Link router from the D-Link download center.
· Once done, install the downloaded file on your device.
· Again open the web browser and type dlinkrouter.local in the location bar.
· Then, a login window will display and ask you for the Login credentials.
· In the Login window, you will see a username and password section. Type admin as the username and left the password box blank.
· A new screen will open after hit the Login button.
· Go to the Tools tab on the top corner of your device screen and then press the firmware tab on the left corner of the screen.
· Moreover, tap on the Browse option under the Firmware update tab.
· Lastly, hit the Upload option to upload the downloaded firmware file. Press continue to proceed further.
· When the firmware update complete, the router automatically will restarts.