Residential elevators are very useful when you want to comfortably access your porch or deck, or move from one floor to another in your home. Home elevators can help overcome all barriers that make daily living a challenge. They help to retain your independence and also enhance the value and gracefulness of your home. These products are great options for your elderly family members. By ensuring easy movement in the house, they enable your loved ones to stay in their own home without having to move out or make major lifestyle changes. Now with affordable technological innovations, home elevators are becoming a highly sought-after amenity.
Categories of Residential Elevators
You can choose from a wide variety of elevators if you are planning to install one in your home. Cable winding drum, hydraulic or roped hydraulic drive mechanism, gearless traction, chain drive counterweight and pneumatic vacuum tube elevators are some of the models available.
· Roped Hydraulic Drive Mechanisms-In order to move the elevator up and down, these roped hydraulic elevators use both rope and a piston. Compared to many other systems, roped hydraulic elevators make the ride smoother. The maximum travel speed of this mechanism is 40 feet per minute and it has a lifting capacity of 1000 pounds. The models that fall under this category include Cambrian, Heritage and Elmira from Cambridge Elevating.
· Cable Winding Drum- In this type of elevator, thick steel cables are used to suspend the elevator cab. The cable winding drum elevator can be cost-effectively installed. Examples include Visilift Round and Visilift Octagonal elevators from Visilift.
· Chain Drive Counterweight-In this mechanism, a large chain is used to transfer torque from the motor with a system of gears. This elevator does not require a separate machine room, so it takes up only a little space in the home. Moreover, it is very efficient, and maintenance costs are low. The chain enables the elevator cab to move up and down quietly. An example of this type of elevator is Eclipse Home Elevator from Savaria.
· Pneumatic Vacuum Tube–This system is very elegant and gives you a quiet and smooth ride. It also gives you an excellent view from the cab. Models include PVE-30, PVE-37, and PVE-52 from Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators.
· Gearless Traction System: As this system combines the cables of a winding drum system with the counterweights of a chain drive, it ensures a whisper-quiet installation. This system is very popular for commercial applications. Gearless Home from Savaria is an absolutely environment-friendly model in this category, and it combines both good quality and style. It is an energy-efficient home elevator.
Find Your Nearest Dealer
A reliable elevator company in Long Island can help you choose the most appropriate elevators for your requirements. They will help you choose cost-effective elevators, and also provide after-sales support. Other services an experienced dealer offers are custom design support, free site evaluation, maintenance support for elevators, stairlifts, and wheelchair lift, and also professional support for installation and testing. Furthermore, they offer you 24/365 days on-call support. You can expect excellent quality products and services from a recognized dealer closely associated with trusted manufacturers in the industry like Savaria, Cambridge Elevating, Harmar and Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators.